Help, One-Handed Drills

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 21, 2013
My DD is a right handed hitter. She recently fractured the growth plate of her left wrist while diving for a fly ball. Dr. Ortho has her out for another 4-weeks at least. She is going nuts! I told her I would ask the hitting gurus if there is anything she can be doing to work on her swing with ONLY her RIGHT arm.

I read a LOT of these threads and post very little, but want to say thanks for all of the valuable information.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Oct 25, 2009
My DD is a right handed hitter. She recently fractured the growth plate of her left wrist while diving for a fly ball. Dr. Ortho has her out for another 4-weeks at least. She is going nuts! I told her I would ask the hitting gurus if there is anything she can be doing to work on her swing with ONLY her RIGHT arm.

I read a LOT of these threads and post very little, but want to say thanks for all of the valuable information.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Use this bat for everything you would use a regular bat for. Full speed, tee, soft toss, etc. Don't just use a tee ball bat or shorten up on a regular bat. The 18" bat is what you need!

Louisville Slugger 2014 WBTR14-1HNBK 18 inch Wood Training Bat

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I don't know about training bats, but it does sound good! DD#1 broke her elbow one January (she was about 12) and was beside herself, thinking she wouldn't be ready for spring. so she took a lighter bat from a previous season and did one-handed dry swings with her top hand. she kept it in her room and would use it whenever she had a spare moment. i would check on her occasionally to make sure she was swinging it correctly. she was cleared to play April 1 and proceded to have her best season to date, hitting close to 1 HR per game in LL and had a great summer season as well!

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I would look at this as a perfect opportunity to work on the mental aspects of softball with a focus on hitting. Mindset for particular counts... Situational hitting... Etc.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Top hand drill into a stationary bag ....

2hrizc7.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877