Have your players/kids keep score

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
I just thought I'd share a fun experience that I had with my daughter last night. DD is a 16A player - she knows the game very well from a player's perspective. She wanted to come along to DS's baseball game (13U) last night, so I suggested that she help me keep score. I kept score on the ipad, and she kept the paper book. I gave her a quick introductory lesson, gave her the pencil, and we were off. At one point she exclaimed, "this game is chaos! This is the most stressed I've ever been in my entire life, and that includes finals!"

Anyway we had a lot of fun, laughs, and discussions over hits vs. errors (we disagreed on a few). I highly recommend having your kids, or your players if you are a coach, take a turn at keeping score.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My 9yo DD is learning how to run the book, and will often score an inning or two during her older sister's HS game (with my supervision). She isn't quite fully up to speed yet, but getting more efficient all the time. It's a good lesson in paying attention to the big picture of the game, which seems to be serving her well at catcher.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207