Hand slicing off inside of ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2019
I have been having some trouble with my DD getting her index and middle finger more behind the ball. I’ve tried a spinner with no success. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1284.png
    IMG_1284.png
    870.9 KB · Views: 22
Nov 8, 2018
Have her release the ball off the inside of the index finger by pronating the hand earlier before release. Turn the hand over early and quickly. She is pronating late or not at all leaving the hand inside the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I'm guessing that she is throwing bullet spin and you want more top spin? Focusing on her hand action is one way to approach it. You could also have her pay attention to the spin on the ball, and put top spin on it. If you take a marker and put some spots on the ball it will be easier for her to see the spin.

Aug 21, 2008
I have been having some trouble with my DD getting her index and middle finger more behind the ball. I’ve tried a spinner with no success. Any ideas?
there's a better spinner to use, a 2023 version. It's actually a softball with 2 flat sides. You can still use the seams on the ball, and it's closer to actual weight of a real ball (those cheap hockey pucks curve all over the place from being so light). I think Bownet is the US brand that is carrying them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414