Friday thru the weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Team is off this weekend. Took DD out of school early Friday and went to UNC Tarheels double header in Chapel Hill Friday night. She's spending today with her older sister. Church tomorrow, practice pitching, and shop for new clothes for school pictures. Nice to have the occasional quiet weekend.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD is refereeing flag football this morning, then we are headed down to Idaho State University to watch their softball team play a double header!!! Then out on the boat tomorrow :cool:

Dec 20, 2012
My dd suffered a severe concussion labor day weekend. Hasn't been in school since and won't be until Oct. So I'm reading everyone's thread on the website again this weekend.

WOW, that is horrible! Hope she is doing ok. Prayers are with the her.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Rather cool and windy this weekend.

DD #3 played in a rec ball game Friday evening. I watched some from the concession stand. She wasn't pitching well, combination of cold, wind, a new glove, new cleats, not enough practice, and horrible fielding (hey, this is rec league. Girls will stand there and watch an easy out drop in front of their feet.). Her team lost, down to 4-2 and in second place in standings nobody cares about.

At least DD #3 had a legitimate steal of home (NOT a passed ball, but a delayed steal) for the third time this fall. That drives the other coaches crazy, because she always steals against teams whose coaches have coached her in the past. They know what she can do, they warn the catcher, but hey, rec league.

Yesterday, DW and I went to Milwaukee to see DS for the first time since he was off in college. He is a freshman on a rowing team there. First race of the season, and DS didn't even get to suit up, since he wasn't racing. There were 4 events. U Wisconsin won both women's events. DS' school won one men's event, and the other was cancelled due to high winds. So, we left a care package with DS, took him to a few places in Milwaukee, took him out to dinner right on the Milwaukee River. He normally only sees the river from inside boats. Nice for him to be on land looking down on the river.

Today, if the wind dies down, I help DD #3 practice left-handed bunting and slapping. She is a righty, but thinks it might be interesting to confuse the other teams. Her rec ball coach says she can try anything she likes, because rec ball is where you try new things.

Monday, if the weather cooperates, she has another rec ball game. DW has minor surgery, so I need to find a ride for DD.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Just finished DD's first fall double-header in college.

She was batting 1.000 for a moment! :)

They got my little freshman in to pitch in the last inning in the first game - it was rough - they gave her 7 pitches to prepare. :-0 DD is a "more warm-up pitches" type of pitcher. Oh well ya can't complain and ya just gotta just move forward..... They won both games though :) SHe will do better next time after warming up - we all know.

Sunday off to Purdue to meet up with a Big-10 team - should be interesting.

Wow this is soooo cool. Saw DD for the first time since we dropped her off 4 weeks ago. She appears to have matured soooo much in this little time. What a dream.....

Nothing like getting a picture of your DD's first college at-bat.

In a couple of weeks, DS will row in his first college regatta, in De Pere, Wisconsin. A bit of a drive for us, not so bad for him.

We missed his first HS race, also at De Pere 3 years ago, and he came home with two silver medals in the HS Novice division. At least a few weeks later we saw his first HS gold medal race in Indy. (We missed his only other HS gold, at the Midwest Junior Championships the following spring).

The race in De Pere is a tiny little race in a tiny college in a small town, but DS has a legitimate chance at one or two gold medals in the Open Novice division. His college is D3, but they regularly beat D1 teams. (Varsity beat Purdue yesterday).

At least DW was there to see DD #1's first HS home run, an in-the-park. I was at work at the time. Both of us missed her second one, and she quit softball after that season. Funny. I was a little angry at DD #1 a few hours before she hit her second one. I joked that I would forgive her if she hit a home run. She promised to hit one, and did. (ITP).

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
My dd suffered a severe concussion labor day weekend. Hasn't been in school since and won't be until Oct. So I'm reading everyone's thread on the website again this weekend.

So sad to hear that- DS had a concussion playing rugby a year ago, light and sound sensitivity persisted for almost a month with tough time focusing. "brain rest" sounds a little crazy but he needed it. No electronics, reading etc. he is back to 100% now- I wish your DD the best in her recovery!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
DD and her boyfriend went to the lake, we bought some Sea Doo's for the summer. That left me at home alone with the wife. Oh the horror, wife took me to the Opera last night, who could sit though that sober? Well I did and almost died. This morning, after being used like a piece of meat, I went and hid. Cut 30 acres for hay on the backside of the property, raked 20 acres I cut 2 days ago. Keep texting DD to come home.............911...........mom might be waiting on me.............and I've got a headache. HELP!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi