First unofficial visit is on the calendar

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
I'm packing for the trip now. I am excited. We have no expectations. DD will get to watch a practice and talk to coach on Friday. On Saturday, she gets to watch a practice at school 2, where she already knows a player on the team. Wish DD luck and great weather!

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2009
That's my plan. DD tends to be shy, so she had better get over that in a hurry. ��

If you're anything like those "embarrassing parents", remind me one day to tell you the story about my DD's official college visit and how we made sound it like we were actual carnies from a traveling circus. Sorry about that kiddo!:p

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
If you're anything like those "embarrassing parents", remind me one day to tell you the story about my DD's official college visit and how we made sound it like we were actual carnies from a traveling circus. Sorry about that kiddo!:p

It sounds like an awesome story!

I'm sure I will do something embarrassing. We are from the south and we are headed to the northeast for this visit.

Feb 12, 2014
Good Luck to your daughter...

Here is my question - How do you schedule an unofficial visit and with who is is it scheduled ?

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
Good Luck to your daughter...

Here is my question - How do you schedule an unofficial visit and with who is is it scheduled ?

These are our first and DD initiated the visits. DD emailed the coaches directly once we determined that we would be in the area for the weekend. After that, it just seemed to take off on it's own. DD's coach emailed after DD to make sure her it was a go.

I'm new at this so I hope someone who knows more about it will answer. Or you can do a search for unofficial visits for more info.

Dec 7, 2011
These are our first and DD initiated the visits. DD emailed the coaches directly once we determined that we would be in the area for the weekend. After that, it just seemed to take off on it's own. DD's coach emailed after DD to make sure her it was a go.

I'm new at this so I hope someone who knows more about it will answer. Or you can do a search for unofficial visits for more info.

So my DD had a pretty brief experience in the recruiting process but correct me if I am wrong but "Unofficial" and "Official" NCAA visits are school initiated right? The Unofficial is a request from the school to come visit with no freebees or perks involved but then the Official visit is the one where hotel room etc can be covered by the school. But in each case "NCAA Visits" are school initiated.

At least that was my understanding.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma