First taste of southern softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
Jacksonville
I'm a rare breed, a GA native who's also a godless heathen ;) The prayer for every freaking thing here drives me up the wall. I really hate the assumption that every girl at a tournament shares one set of beliefs and wants to pray in the middle of a softball tournament. I try not to think about it or it pisses me off. My husband (asst coach on our team) usually doesn't participate - he just starts picking up the dugout while they do their thing. We leave it up to our daughter whether to participate and she usually does, which is fine. But there are definitely some major annoyances about living in the bible belt.

Its opportunity for those who are not Christians to show tolerance toward them and their beliefs. I am Christian but have not been my whole life and understand somewhat how you feel, but its a part of shrinking and marginalized culture that by you biting your tongue and showing respect people like me appreciate. I worked in a computer lab during my college days and being a member of an engineering field for the most part I was always one of the few Americans and 500 + classes. I prided myself on showing respect to a diverse group of students, their feelings, what customs I learned and their spiritual beliefs regardless how silly some of it felt. For the most part most those people I became friends with and enjoyed their company even though their skin was different and their backgrounds very much a world away I learned a lot and regardless how uncomfortable I felt sometimes I understood it was just their ways.

Its kind of like, if your in a Jazz club, try to enjoy the music and atmosphere as much as you can, even if your more a death metal fan :)

Jun 12, 2015
I don't say anything, I just don't like it. This is probably not the proper forum to discuss the way I feel about saying Christians are marginalized in the US. Quick! Somebody change the subject. How 'bout them Yankees?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Studies have shown that there is no possible way for any human being to actually like Jazz. Every single person who claims they do is just fronting to pretend they are better than you....seriously ready it on the webernet.

Jun 12, 2015
Studies have shown that there is no possible way for any human being to actually like Jazz. Every single person who claims they do is just fronting to pretend they are better than you....seriously ready it on the webernet.

Hahaha!

I don't actually like the Yankees. As far as I follow baseball, which isn't far, I'm required to cheer for the Red Sox. If I ever cheer for the Yankees I'll probably have to find a new husband.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2013
I'm just one of the people who does not object to a prayer before or after a game.

Any prayer or just Christian prayer? For example, would you have your child participate in a Jewish prayer involving davening or a muslim prayer involving praying to Allah and the Prophet Mohammed?

Oct 19, 2009
Any prayer or just Christian prayer? For example, would you have your child participate in a Jewish prayer involving davening or a muslim prayer involving praying to Allah and the Prophet Mohammed?

No I would not mind; to understand other cultures you have to be exposed to their customs and beliefs.

As one of my favorite teaches advised me at one point, "To understand communism and not be afraid of it you need to be exposed to it."

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

I'm confused, doesn't the internetz also say that chicks dig jazz and the long ball???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283