First of Many Lasts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 9, 2015
Last night DD came to me with tears in her eyes. I asked what was wrong and she said i can't believe tomorrow will be my last time trying out for HS softball. She is a senior and has been on the team the past 3 years (already a lock for the team). But the realization that her HS career is almost over is starting to hit her. She has already verbally committed to play at the next level for her top pick school D-II school (7 hrs away). Hearing her talk like this then got my eyes leaking a little bit realizing how grown up she is becoming. I will tell you this, its been one hell of ride.

Parents, when you DD or DS come to you wanting you to play catch or asking you to help them with anything, take it as blessing because one day you will blink and they will be gone.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Enjoy it. This is the first year for our family to not have dd playing. It is already so much different.

May 12, 2008
Yes. I counsel parents of freshmen college players to not miss a game if they can. It feels like it will last forever-you blink-and you are standing on the field with her for senior day.

Jun 12, 2015
*sniff* Time seems to just get faster and faster. My 9 year old has been playing for 3 years and that feels like it's flown by. But it's like it just keeps picking up speed, every year going by faster than the last.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I agree as well. It's been a long time since any of my kids have stepped onto a field in a true competitive capacity. This past summer I went to watch my younger son play volleyball in a bar league (he never played volleyball competitively). That was pretty desperate on my part, but at least it was something.

It goes by fast. Enjoy it while you can.