Father in law

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
You know your DD picked the right school. Great gesture on his part. Sorry to hear about your father in law. People like him make everyone around him want to be a better person.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
It has been about 18 months since my original post and as you probably guessed the news isn't good, but despite the bad news there is a touching ray of sunshine that I wanted to share. But first the grim news - about 2 months ago my father in law's health took a dramatic turn for the worse. He has been in the hospital most of those two months. A couple of days ago he was released to "home hospice." All treatment has ended and he clearly doesn't have much time remaining. In my original post I expressed the hope that he would be able to see his granddaughter play in college, but unfortunately he wasn't even healthy enough to see her play in high school this year.

But now the ray of sunshine. I went home for lunch today, something I'm almost never able to do, and as I was about to head back to the office my wife pointed upstairs and told me there is something I should see. On our bed was a game jersey (number 29!!) and a hand written note from dd's future college coach expressing the hope that it brings a huge smile to dd's grandpa's face. So he won't get to see her play, but he will get to see her in uniform, and I know that might sound cheesy or silly or whatever but my wife and I are extremely touched by the gesture.

Kudos to the ND coaching staff for the thoughtful gesture! Will keep your father-in-law, and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers!

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
Sorry to hear the news about your father in law. Sounds like a caring coach.

Jan 3, 2014
29Dad - Sorry to hear about him taking a turn for the worse. I'm sorry to say I forgot about this post from so long ago. It's been great getting to know you since you relocated. Plenty of cancer in my family too. It's never easy. I agree, that was a very class act by the folks at ND. Talk to you soon.

Laker

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Oh, wow, I don't know what to say.

The news is so sad, and the gesture so sweet, that my allergies got the better of me. Need some tissue.

Best to you and your family. In some way, he will be at the games.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
It has been about 18 months since my original post and as you probably guessed the news isn't good, but despite the bad news there is a touching ray of sunshine that I wanted to share. But first the grim news - about 2 months ago my father in law's health took a dramatic turn for the worse. He has been in the hospital most of those two months. A couple of days ago he was released to "home hospice." All treatment has ended and he clearly doesn't have much time remaining. In my original post I expressed the hope that he would be able to see his granddaughter play in college, but unfortunately he wasn't even healthy enough to see her play in high school this year.

But now the ray of sunshine. I went home for lunch today, something I'm almost never able to do, and as I was about to head back to the office my wife pointed upstairs and told me there is something I should see. On our bed was a game jersey (number 29!!) and a hand written note from dd's future college coach expressing the hope that it brings a huge smile to dd's grandpa's face. So he won't get to see her play, but he will get to see her in uniform, and I know that might sound cheesy or silly or whatever but my wife and I are extremely touched by the gesture.

Your dd has chosen to play for a very thoughtful coach. We will be saying prayers for your family. My family is in the same situation with regards to my dad. 4 types of cancer and congestive heart failure. His heart stopped 2 times 3 weeks ago. Still, he somehow keeps fighting. Your dd's new coach has shown she cares for the player and the player's family. Good for her!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA