evo shield chest protectors

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My 13yo DD uses one. She/we love it, super comfortable. We paid $60 for it and if anyone has them any cheaper I couldn't find it. It is expensive but I think its a great product.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD wore one when she played 12U and did not seem to mind wear it. Stopped wearing one at 14U for some reason and never went back to it.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
My second year 12U DD has worn one since 10U. They are not cheap, but they are worth their weight in gold! She took a shot on the mound at ASA/USA Nationals at 10u, and it basically saved her life. it was good enough that after the EMT checked her out, she got back on the mound to finish it out. The fact that it custom molds to the player makes it unnoticeable for them. The only down side to getting one for a younger player, is they are still growing/developing and you may have to go through a few. We got ours when they only had the chest/back protectors for $90, but now they have just the chest protector for $59 thankfully. DD needs a new one.

May 17, 2012
My second year 12U DD has worn one since 10U. They are not cheap, but they are worth their weight in gold! She took a shot on the mound at ASA/USA Nationals at 10u, and it basically saved her life.

How did it save her life? Just curious on the details.

There is a long thread on this forum about what these shield do and don't do.

Dec 30, 2013
Won't let my DD pitch without one or her mask.

She is first year 14u now but when she was first year 12u she used a heart guard. We were late to a game and I forgot to check to see if she had it on. She took a shot to the chest and the umpire didn't even wait, he went straight to the circle. By the time I got out of the dugout to the circle, she wasn't breathing. The umpire got her breathing and after a few weeks of bad bruising, she was ok. She now wears an Evo shield and doesn't leave the house without it. And yes, I felt horrible for not checking the first time, but will never make that mistake again.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
My DD uses one when she pitches. It fits beautifully and she doesn't even notice it's on. It does smell pretty ripe after a weekend of games, though.

Oct 9, 2013
DD is 14 and pitcher and wears it well. Also, It gives dear old dad peace of mind. We went ahead and got the evoshielf batting gloves also. I think it was 60 for the chest at Dicks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877