End Loaded bat discussion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The replacement for the Stealth and Synergy come in -9 up to 34 inches. If I have this right: FX1 FP14X1, and I think if it has a 2 instead of a 1 at the end, it is the Stealth replacement. (You may have to update the numbers as they constantly change the model names.) But they swing heavier than that.

Slowpitch bats are made for different performance, as the balls are different, and they are different among slowpitch abcs. Players complain the SP bats works for one org. but not another.... I do know it is a performance loss to take a FP bat to slowpitch--but how many people do it the other way, so you know for sure before spending $300?

They start at 25 ounces (such as Miken), and only recently could you get those, and they may be at the higher money range of cost and harder to get. Most are 27/28 ounces only, so I don't think investigating those, as in more tech data and more searches, helps.

You could review pics of college players and see what they are using.

For the love of god...stop

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Its very obvious why SP bats do not go into FP much...look at the weights!

Unless you're gonna swing a 26oz (that will actually weigh a little more), you aren't using a SP bat..period...as not many SP bats come in lesser weights. That's not the case the opposite way. So you do have some guys that will swing a 24oz and only can find it in FP bats.

And besides the Mercy...which is marketed as a womens SP bat that comes in 25oz...yes, some Mikens now have 25 oz...but they are ALL maxloads.

Also, if you don't think a SP hits a FP ball, you are sadly mistaken. Most SP bats nowadays are made for lower comp 12 inch balls...they crush the harder balls. I will show you if you don't believe me, just come my way :)

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
What End Loaded bat is in you DD's bag? Our 05 RT and SRV4B are at end of life now...we cant seem to find anything yet to replace...she likes them long and heavy.

DD is on her second FX1 -9, which I believe is called FP14X1 in Eastonics. She was a fan of that Stealth also, but never owned one.
I tried to talk her into the 1-piece but we could never find one to try, so that didn't happen.
The daughter of DD's hitting coach played a few years of HS and 4 years of college ball with SP bats because she couldn't find anything heavy enough. As long as they're stamped, you're good.

Have you found a balanced bat that swings like an endloaded? Her 34 -9 LXT (she is 5'9 145) swings to light, gave to DD#1.

Not really clear on what you mean other than just a balanced bat that swings heavy.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Many bigger college girls use slowpitch bats. I only have fastpitch balls now, and our Miken recoil has more pop than any other bat we own.
"Designed for female"....it comes in 25 and 26 oz, I believe men are not allowed to use less than 26...most use 28-30, and it is in girly colors.

Moe. Slowpitch balls are lower core, so IF..which I don't believe...IF the chinese factories mass produced slow pitch bats differently, in theory they would have MORE pop on a higher core fp ball than a fp bat. Coresb probably has better info. But without a doubt my Miken sb has more pop than any fp bat we have. It's 27oz swings almost identical weight to dd's 24oz RT.

Depends on association what guys can swing. That's why last years mercy said Womens SP on it, and this year's doesn't say that...because I believe there is or is going to be a rule against guys swinging a bat that says "womens" on it. No rule I know of yet that says a guy cant swing less than 26. There is a few leagues around that have that in the rule. I don't swing chicks bats, so not really up on what has passed yet for every association for SP.
As for guys, the most popular weight is 26...not 28-30. Those are the rare bats anymore. Those are the bats you can buy cheap as heck because nobody wants them. The main reason I don't even stock anything above 27. Nobody wants 28 and up much anymore.

BTW, Miken, Worth and Demarini are made in the USA

In my opinion...I agree with you on the performance. The SP bats the last couple years are made for the very low comp balls. They completely demolish anything harder. But SP are heavy, which is why not many get used in FP

Dec 11, 2010
My 12 year old has swung rocketech's since day one. We found a Rocketflex last winter, she wore out a 31 and is swinging a 32 now. She says rf swings heavier than same length rt. She also says that a -9 mako swings like her rf. Hope that helps. Local Big box store is supposed to get in a -9 Xeno and I'm hoping she likes the Xeno better than the mako. The rf is a great bat but I'm really afraid something is going to happen to it and we won't be able to get another so the mako or Xeno will be a backup.

I would stay away from the new silver and red RT's, made in China, local gal got one that was 32/29.

Do you play any USSSA? I have a very nice 33" 2007 RT... Older DD took the wrapper off it two winters ago and then had two endloaded bat bigot coaches in a row.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
34/26 xeno. No slow pitch bats allowed per the NCAA according to the coach

Not true. By and large, slowpitch and fastpitch are marketing handles. All it takes for a SP bat to be legal for NCAA use (i.e., included on the approved bat list) is the manufacturer's request for inclusion (along with submission of the requisite performance conformance documentation).

Oct 14, 2008
The info I received is from the HC at Louisville. I have no idea. They wanted my dd in a heavier bat. NCAA said no slow pitch bats. That's why the 34/26.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy