Elite Travel Ball fees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
She must be smart and getting some academic money, because with as many girls at Tennessee has on their roster I would be surprised if any of them have full athletic scholarships.

Probably both but as a HS Senior, she won the state championship for her HS team, set a state record for the number of K's and was pitching the ball in the low 70's. I think that she was expected to be the next Monica Abbott until she ruptured her hip flexor in her sophomore year and required surgery.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
We left a team where I was paying 6k plus travel. We now pay 3500 plus travel. A week in CO and CA plus a 4 day trip to CA and my fees jump to over 10K very quickly.

Jul 17, 2016
Probably both but as a HS Senior, she won the state championship for her HS team, set a state record for the number of K's and was pitching the ball in the low 70's. I think that she was expected to be the next Monica Abbott until she ruptured her hip flexor in her sophomore year and required surgery.

Erin Gabriel?

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD was invited to play on what I would call an elite travel team from the other side of the state. Between fees, unis, travel costs, facilities, etc. he told us to expect our out of pocket to be between $10k and $12k.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
There are teams, Roll, some in line with the clubs you mentioned, that are "all-inclusive", including travel. I believe slingit's dd played for one of the firecracker teams one year, and there were no fees and the family's travel was covered.
I was surfin the net last month and clicked on a certain club's calender. It had listed times to meet at the private jet for certain tourneys and the teams charter bus for others. Most have some kind of private backing. Oh the problems, when you have so much money you might as well fund a softball club.

Jul 19, 2016
Thanks inside pitch!!.....is your DD being recruited or have any offers?....just being curious

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2016
There are teams, Roll, some in line with the clubs you mentioned, that are "all-inclusive", including travel. I believe slingit's dd played for one of the firecracker teams one year, and there were no fees and the family's travel was covered.
I was surfin the net last month and clicked on a certain club's calender. It had listed times to meet at the private jet for certain tourneys and the teams charter bus for others. Most have some kind of private backing. Oh the problems, when you have so much money you might as well fund a softball club.
Lol!...that's a great problem to have

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
She is a high academic kid with her sights on those schools which are typically D3 or Ivy. As of now she has offers to play but no money.

So basically I had a choice of going on Safari for the last 3 years, buying a porsche, a boat, a cabin or funding Boo's softball.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
A former player of mine, who is now a starter for a P5 team, shelled out over $20,000/season her last three years while playing for a local gold program. That's adding up team fees, training (hitting coach and fielding coach), travel and hotel.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia

A 70-MPH pitcher could have a full athletic ride at Tennessee, but that may be the only exception....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06