Elite Travel Ball fees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Thanks Rambler34.......That is very helpful.....I personally really like that organization near Ironadale...and hopefully one day that my DD is apart of it.....

But im researching to see more bout them and other top organizations around the south.....

I hate to say it...Im not willing pay 15,000/20,000 a year to a orgainztion for my DD (with travel cost included or not)........Thats around 60,000-80,000 for 4 years with the orgaiztaion....LOL!...Thats is her in-state college fee for 4 years.... :).......that means I've already paid 70 -100%% of school..and with academics scholarship its paid for... :)! ...

I think personally that's a awful investment at that price 15k/20k a year just in hopes to receive a 50% or 70% scholarship ......I can see 3k-5k/year with travel included....other then that we'll continue to feed her 529 college fund.... :)! (Better investment)

Thanks again for the insite....

It does cost a lot. Seeing your screen name tells me you definitely know some of the Bama girls. My cousin's DD finished up in 2015 as a 4 year starter. One of his lines at her college signing was everyone telling him how awesome it was because of all the money he saved. His reply was it cost him about $85,000 to get to that point. Really didn't have any organizational dues because their annual tourney paid the majority of it.

Jul 19, 2016
It does cost a lot. Seeing your screen name tells me you definitely know some of the Bama girls. My cousin's DD finished up in 2015 as a 4 year starter. One of his lines at her college signing was everyone telling him how awesome it was because of all the money he saved. His reply was it cost him about $85,000 to get to that point. Really didn't have any organizational dues because their annual tourney paid the majority of it.

IKR!....It's a bad investment if you look at it overall at paying 15k/20k a year just for 4 years......Unlike other sports...LOL!

I know from expericence-..Im a Alabama alumni along with my wife....I was blessed to have received a full football schloarship to Alabama- (Im a former lettermen)- with almost 40 career starts....(I'll reframe from who my coach was and what year i played due to the site)........Hint: - I do have a SEC Championship title....ROLL TIDE!!!

Anyway...I couldnt imagined my parents having to pay 10's of thousands of dollars just to try to get me a scholarship thats not even fully 100%....plus i was a out-state recurit.....My degree was all free...100%..with little to no cost to my parents.....While my wife is still paying loans.....So i see both sides...just not at that cost of 15/20k yearly..

Anyway...Thanks for the knowledge...I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2013
Much of that 15k-20k are travel expenses that families would spend on vacations anyway. You’ll have some level of equipment, training costs and fees whichever route you take. The actual difference between playing local vs national isn’t really that much. The biggest investment is time. The extra hours sitting on a bucket with DD or having coffee with the softball Dad’s during practices was well worth it in my book.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
My degree was all free...100%..with little to no cost to my parents....

I'm sure you MADE money at that place :) j/k.

I wish NCAA would give equal number of scholly's to women's sports. All of this softball recruiting seems so backwards, like a dance where the parents/kids have to "court" the coaches and play in the "name brand" orgs to get noticed by the "Power 5" schools.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I wish NCAA would give equal number of scholly's to women's sports. All of this softball recruiting seems so backwards, like a dance where the parents/kids have to "court" the coaches and play in the "name brand" orgs to get noticed by the "Power 5" schools.

Not sure what you mean. NCAA does give equal number of scholly's to women's sports vs. men's sports.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06