Easton Warranty Turn Around Time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 16, 2015
My daughter is in the middle of her season and her bat has come up with a slight rattle. You can barely hear it unless you are in a quiet area.

I know I should return it to easton to get her a new one. Our club's head coach told us it wouldn't be a problem to do so, but I don't want her to be without a bat (or use last years) for a few weeks. He said he'd look into "his guy" helping us out but since we didn't get it through him (only the 18u gets equipment), and she got it as a christmas gift, we would have to return through Easton.

He said the bat looks OK but some umpires may really check.

Should I wait until July when her season is over and do the warranty change then?

Should I bite the bullet and do it now?

Just wait until it gets worse? Right now, performance seems OK. Her hitting coach (same guy) didn't seem to think it was performing bad tonight.

How long will it take? Is there any way to speed it up?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If you don't have a receipt, there is nothing you can do. I wouldn't do anything right now. Until it becomes an issue with umps.
You just said you barely hear it...who cares.

But what do you really think would "speed up" the process? The process is you fill out the form (or call) and send it to them. They inspect,
box one up and send it out to you. The only speed up is sending the bat to them priority mail instead of regular ground or something
like that.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
PM Coresoftball20 about purchasing a new one. Once you get it, then return the old one under warranty.

The only way you could help decrease the average 7-10 day replacement time is for you to pay overnight shipping both ways. If you'd do that, you're half way to paying for a new bat anyway and you'd only save 2-3 days.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Great idea Yo...haha

But I do agree, I would never pay guaranteed overnight. Priority is so much less and still 2-3 day
usually for like 6-12 bucks depending what zone you are shipping from. Overnight is ridiculous.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Great idea Yo...haha

But I do agree, I would never pay guaranteed overnight. Priority is so much less and still 2-3 day
usually for like 6-12 bucks depending what zone you are shipping from. Overnight is ridiculous.

Yep and because most manufacturers have warehouses across the country, ground will get the bat to a facility in the same amount of time as the priority on their dime. So shipping it priority is usually still a waste of money. I've found that in the long run, it's actually better to do what I suggested. Purchase a new one. Then you have a new bat under warranty for the next year and chances are, you're going to need it...especially at the older ages. Send the old one back under warranty for replacement. When the new one needs to be replaced, send it back and pull the original replacement out of the bag and start using it. When that goes bad, pull the second replacement out. If you're smart about it, you can get 4+ years out of 2 bats versus less than 2 years on average out of the original and it's replacement.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
When she puts the bat out for inspection put it handle down so hopefully the piece that rattles will settle in the handle. Have a backup bat available just in case.

Aug 16, 2015
If you don't have a receipt, there is nothing you can do. I wouldn't do anything right now. Until it becomes an issue with umps.
You just said you barely hear it...who cares.

But what do you really think would "speed up" the process? The process is you fill out the form (or call) and send it to them. They inspect,
box one up and send it out to you. The only speed up is sending the bat to them priority mail instead of regular ground or something
like that.

I have the receipt and the hologram thing I need. I'm good with that. I didn't know if they had regional centers I could send it to or visit, or if it had to go all the way out to CA. I'm in NJ. That's why I asked.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yep and because most manufacturers have warehouses across the country, ground will get the bat to a facility in the same amount of time as the priority on their dime. So shipping it priority is usually still a waste of money. I've found that in the long run, it's actually better to do what I suggested. Purchase a new one. Then you have a new bat under warranty for the next year and chances are, you're going to need it...especially at the older ages. Send the old one back under warranty for replacement. When the new one needs to be replaced, send it back and pull the original replacement out of the bag and start using it. When that goes bad, pull the second replacement out. If you're smart about it, you can get 4+ years out of 2 bats versus less than 2 years on average out of the original and it's replacement.

I have seen regular ground take over a week many times...and priority usually never takes over 3 days
even to west coast (for me as I live on east coast).

Its up to the sender. For the extra 2 or 4 dollars, I always ship priority. You also get tracking and 50 bucks
insurance free. If people want expedited time, that's about the only thing I would do extra.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619