Easton warranty question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2019
One of my dd's easton ghosts warranty period is up June 18th. I have already returned this bat once and now it is broken. Does the warranty timeline count from the time they give you a return authorization number or from when they actually recieve the bat or after they inspect it and approve return?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Technically, you've already used your warranty by returning the original bat, so Easton is under no obligation to replace the replacement. I would recommend calling them to see what they can do. If you get the right rep on the phone, you might get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it. The warranty is only supposed to be good on the original bat for one year from the date of purchase. Easton is good about replacements, but you might be stretching it since it was already sent back once.

Jun 16, 2019
Hmm. Is this a new policy? Last year I just filled out the online warranty form after the second broken bat and they sent me a third one.

I understand that one replacement is the standard for most companies But that won't work with easton since typically everyone of their bat models break within 3 months tops. I have never had an easton bat make it past 3 months without cracking. Dd has had 2 double barrel, 2 advanced and 3 unlimited in the last 2 years. That means your paying $400-500 for a bat that will only last 6 months? Their only saving grace and the reason they still have my business and I imagine others is that they will keep replacing their broken bats for the entire year. I have had lousiville and demarini bats that have never broke and never needed the warrenty replacement. If they are going to switch to a one replacement policy and stick to it, then they better start making more durable bats

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Hmm. Is this a new policy? Last year I just filled out the online warranty form after the second broken bat and they sent me a third one.

I understand that one replacement is the standard for most companies But that won't work with easton since typically everyone of their bat models break within 3 months tops. I have never had an easton bat make it past 3 months without cracking. Dd has had 2 double barrel, 2 advanced and 3 unlimited in the last 2 years. That means your paying $400-500 for a bat that will only last 6 months? Their only saving grace and the reason they still have my business and I imagine others is that they will keep replacing their broken bats for the entire year. I have had lousiville and demarini bats that have never broke and never needed the warrenty replacement. If they are going to switch to a one replacement policy and stick to it, then they better start making more durable bats
No, that's the standard policy spelled out on their website. Does that mean they won't replace multiple ones in a year, as seems to be your experience, no.

What I'm saying is because you're so close to one year from the *original* purchase, and they've already replaced one, you're better off contacting them and make sure they will replace the second bat.

Yes, Easton is good about replacing broken bats, but it seems your daughter breaks a lot of them. Does she abuse them or use them against a machine? It just seems like a lot of breaks for one person.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604_215621_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20230604_215621_Brave.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230604_215749_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20230604_215749_Brave.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 16
Jun 16, 2019
No, that's the standard policy spelled out on their website. Does that mean they won't replace multiple ones in a year, as seems to be your experience, no.

What I'm saying is because you're so close to one year from the *original* purchase, and they've already replaced one, you're better off contacting them and make sure they will replace the second bat.

Yes, Easton is good about replacing broken bats, but it seems your daughter breaks a lot of them. Does she abuse them or use them against a machine? It just seems like a lot of breaks for one person.
That's funny.. you made me laugh. Are you affiliated with Easton?

"does she abuse them or use them off the machine." LOL, you say that as if that must be why they are breaking. Personally, I dont know anyone stupid enough to use a ghost off the machine. Many don't even let their kid practice with their ghost, only game swings. A few of my dd's ghosts started splintering within the first 50 swings at 50% off the tee (2022 ghost advanced I'm looking at you). The unlimited has been the most durable, and I get 3 months of soft toss practices and tournaments. (She still swings non-ghost bats for daily swings) It's no secret that easton bats are breaking by literally everyone..just read the reviews and you will find tons of angry customers with similar breaking problems. Easton bat Reviews are not stellar and I never read one that complained the bat wasn't hot. It's always bat broke in daughters 2nd tourny, or broke after two weeks, or bat broke taking tee swings, or I've spent a fortune shipping broken bats back to Easton.

dd has a 2022 lxt in a -10 and -9, a fnx, and has had a marucci echo connect and cf zen that never broke Once.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That's funny.. you made me laugh. Are you affiliated with Easton?

"does she abuse them or use them off the machine." LOL, you say that as if that must be why they are breaking. Personally, I dont know anyone stupid enough to use a ghost off the machine. Many don't even let their kid practice with their ghost, only game swings. A few of my dd's ghosts started splintering within the first 50 swings at 50% off the tee (2022 ghost advanced I'm looking at you). The unlimited has been the most durable, and I get 3 months of soft toss practices and tournaments. (She still swings non-ghost bats for daily swings) It's no secret that easton bats are breaking by literally everyone..just read the reviews and you will find tons of angry customers with similar breaking problems. Easton bat Reviews are not stellar and I never read one that complained the bat wasn't hot. It's always bat broke in daughters 2nd tourny, or broke after two weeks, or bat broke taking tee swings, or I've spent a fortune shipping broken bats back to Easton.

dd has a 2022 lxt in a -10 and -9, a fnx, and has had a marucci echo connect and cf zen that never broke Once.
I'm glad I could make you laugh...

Am I affiliated with Easton? No, but we sell a ton of their bats at the store. Do a lot of them break? Yes. Are they as bad as you make them out to be under normal circumstances? No. In fact, there are plenty of members on here who have had them last years without breaking. Do they break more than LS, DeMarini, Marucci, and Mizuno? Absolutely. My daughter still has a 2020 DS Ghost that's in reasonably good shape. The only reason she no longer uses it is because it's too small for her.

That being said,I e had customers have their Ghosts break after a few swings, but I've also had Metas turn into baby rattles after 100 swings, as well. You just seem to have broken more than the norm. If you're so disgruntled with sending them back and the amount you spend on shipping, why do you continue to buy them? I'm just curious.

You asked a question about their warranty policy, and I answered for you. I hope they take care of you.

Jun 16, 2019
That's a no-brainer...Easton bats are hot and even though they are not durable, you get a year out of them because they keep replacing.

Btw my question wasn't on whether Easton would replace my replacement. It was on the timeline of the replacement. I have never returned a bat so close to the warranty end And wasn't sure if it went off of when they issued a RA number or when they recieved the bat.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That's a no-brainer...Easton bats are hot and even though they are not durable, you get a year out of them because they keep replacing.

Btw my question wasn't on whether Easton would replace my replacement. It was on the timeline of the replacement. I have never returned a bat so close to the warranty end And wasn't sure if it went off of when they issued a RA number or when they received the bat.
It is neither, actually. Your warranty begins from the date of the original purchase date and is good for one year from that date. So, being that it's now June 5th, and your original date was June 18th, you would be good since you have 13 days left to file the claim. The RA number is normally issued within a day or two, but as long as you file the claim before the 18th, you should be good.

Good luck with your return.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Warranty is one year from purchase date of your original bat. As long as
your return is filed before the one year, you made it. Thats the whole
point of going online and filing a return before your year is up. Has nothing to do with when they get the bat.
BUTTTTTT, the RA is only good for 10 days. I have had people think they can do an RA right before their year was up,
then use the bat for months until it broke then think they could use the RA because it was filed in the year...hahahaha.
Thats not gonna work :). Also had people think they get another year on the replacement :)
So as long as you go online and file the return before the year, it doesnt matter if they get the bat a few days after the year is up.

Sometimes Easton will stretch a warranty past the year, but not crazy amount of time. Im talking a week or 2. Like if your warranty
ran out June 1st and here it is June 5th and your bat broke. If you call and are cool, most of the time they will help
you out and give you a one time past warranty replacement.

Its all about being cool to the the folks on the phone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad