Don Sarno?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
Does anyone know how he teaches pitching to youngsters? I'm thinking of having my DD go to one of his former students. I'm guessing she will teach how she was taught?

May 20, 2008
Don Sarno, imo a great pitching coach. Teaches a lot of movement pitches and he has a deep knowledge of pitching.

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
I know you all feel Hillhouse is the guru of pitching but IMHO Don is the best. If there is any instructor that knows how to teach it is him. Not only has he won numerous world championships but he has instructed many students from Olympians to beginners.

Ok in your opinion Don is the best. Have you seen Hillhouse instruct? Talked to him? I don't know Don Sarno or what he teaches, but I do know that Hillhouse has all of the mechanics of the pitching motion broken down and can explain it as well as anyone. Not only can he explain it but he can show it. This isn't a my father can beat your father argument but I know that there isn't anyone better than Bill regardless of what is on Sarno's resume. He may hope to be as good but I don't see better.

Jan 25, 2011
Yes, I have talked with and have seen Hillhouse instruct. And I still say Don is the man. I have nothing against Hillhouse he is a good instructor who has done very well providing very good instruction throught the USA and internationally.
You have the right,I think Bill is the best in my opinion.It to me also depends on where you live,could be a east coast west coast thing.But also coach Stan,I will check in to him and for that I'am thankfull to you.By the way the Atlantic ocean is Bluer and cleaner:cool:

Jun 13, 2009
Yes, I have talked with and have seen Hillhouse instruct. And I still say Don is the man. I have nothing against Hillhouse he is a good instructor who has done very well providing very good instruction throught the USA and internationally.

Without going into the debate, I think I'm going to call BS on this. In conversations I've had with him, he has said he's never done anything in California besides a coaches clinic. So, I guess inquiring minds would need to know WHERE you've seen and worked with him. With that said, in OTHER conversations I've had.... Bill has said he considers Sarno to be one of the best PC's out there.

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
I know you all feel Hillhouse is the guru of pitching but IMHO Don is the best. If there is any instructor that knows how to teach it is him. Not only has he won numerous world championships but he has instructed many students from Olympians to beginners.

What World Championships did he win?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes