Does this make sense?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Exactly what I'm concerned about. DD took 1 AP in her so. year. School course grade: B, but got a 5 on the AP exam. She's taking 5 APs this year as a jr. She's working really hard - harder than she's ever worked and she'll likely end off the year with 5 Bs for her AP classes but might do better on the AP exam. She said that the AP exam last year was easier than the AP quizzes and tests she wrote in class. If the colleges don't take her AP exam into consideration, she'd be applying with a less than stellar gpa. We're not concerned about college credit. Just concerned about getting accepted to a high academic school. Yikes! How should we approach this?

Some schools give extra consideration for AP classes and some do not. The fact that your DD is taking 5 AP classes in one year is impressive by itself. I would ask the coaches and/or admissions office of some of the schools your DD is interested in to see how they count AP classes. My DD was taking one or two a year, but did not take any her senior year upon the advice of the academic adviser for her previous school choice. The fact that she was not taking an AP class her senior year is what threw up red flags at her new school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00