Does the riseball really rise???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 11, 2015
This has all been covered before. The brain expects a drop and interprets a lesser drop as a rise.

How do you explain a batter looking for rise and still swings under it. Or catcher looking for rise and hitting her in the face? If there looking for lift and still cant handle it must be something to it!

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
How do you explain a batter looking for rise and still swings under it. Or catcher looking for rise and hitting her in the face? If there looking for lift and still cant handle it must be something to it!

Hoping Mark H responds to this one. I miss his input here.

Feb 7, 2013
Hoping Mark H responds to this one. I miss his input here.

Yep, this thread is a classic with some great DFP contributors like Mark Hanson (Hanson Principle); Boardmember; Rick Pauly; Bill Hillhouse; sluggers, the great Ernie Parker, Ken Krause, even the one and only Hal Skinner with cut riseballs mentioned in the same breath as the elusive big foot....what a gem...

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Crazy coincidence--just after posting above, DD and I stopped by the field to see some of my kids pitch and found John in the stands watching the same kids (they've seen him a few times as well.) It was a blast to sit, watch, chat about our kids, pitching, the old days and softball in general. I was thrilled when he said he'd try to come out tomorrow and watch our game! Hoping he gives DD a hard time about staying more open!

I told him I'd just bumped this thread, but he didn't remember it...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi