different technique

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
A little different than I initially thought you were talking about, but most of what I said still applies, however, there's another problem this creates - it doesn't create a loaded rear hip/leg/backside and therefore the throw will put more stress on the arm and have less velocity and lead to a slower pop time.

Suggestion re the DVD - offer it and note that this is how she's been trained for years (optional: and solved prior throwing arm pain) and we don't want to risk changing unless there's a proven better way. If he takes catcher training seriously, he'll undoubtedly accept and watch the DVD, likely want to verify for himself, and be interested in the NECC, A&B, and ACC web sites.

Stick to your guns! Good luck!
Thanks for all the help...I'm in the middle of moving my business so it's harder to get on here.
I was a bit concerned about stepping on his toes and wasn't even concerned about this when going to the team. We did have a long discussion on hitting however:) Learned my lesson on that at least!
Chaz, I'm anxious to see when you have your clinics to see if we might make one. I see you will be posting a throwing clinic soon. Thanks for the info. Have to run...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi