Did you hear about this Friday check in 2/19/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2011
You should try to see some games at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic in Cathedral City (a couple hours drive) this weekend or next. Some top D1 teams from the SEC, Big10, and Pac12 will be attending including Florida, Michigan, Georgia, LSU, and UCLA, Missouri, Oregon to name a few...

Thanks Rockettech. I'll put it on the list of things to do for next winter break.

Drove 30 miles in that direction from Burbank so my daughter could eat dinner with two college students I started my coaching career with back in 2005. Ate at Canyon City BBQ in Azusa. Since I drove right past Sierra Madre I tried to send Eric F a PM asking for recommendations on places to eat, but I couldn't get a good enough data connection on my phone.

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Practice today...hosting a friendly tomorrow.

Also picking up a puppy for older DD. I jokingly told her during an at bat that if she hit it over the fence again I would get her one. She missed by a foot and I said it was close enough.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD is in Steamboat Spring skiing, so DW and I are attending the ACC/B1G Challenge this weekend to watch DD's future college team play. Yesterday afternoon they beat Syracuse 4-3 in 8 innings. Was great to get to watch them play in person. Plan to attend one game today and one tomorrow.

Feb 3, 2016
We've got the USA Elite Select Futures tryout tomorrow, which we're pretty excited about. I hope it doesn't disappoint. Then Sunday we've got a 3-game friendly if it doesn't rain us out. 50% chance but we're starting early. Hopefully it'll blow in in the afternoon. We had a long field practice yesterday afternoon and it was so awesome to be out there again. My older one also has baseball practice for her rec team on Sunday afternoon.

Good luck to your daughter at the tryouts. My DD is going to tryout in a few weeks so I'm curious on the feedback on how the tryout is conducted. :)

Feb 17, 2014
DD's team plays in an indoor tournament this weekend. DD hurt her left knee in a basketball game last night. Felt okay going to bed. Woke up this morning with pain and a limp. She's freaking out. "I WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY SOFTBALL THIS WEEKEND!" are the first words out of her mouth when she wakes up this morning.

Fun.

DD managed to play all weekend. No real issues with her knee. Turns out she pulled her calf muscle. Her HC has a degree as a trainer, so she took care of her all weekend.

Team finished 2nd in the last indoor tournament of the season.

Can't wait to get outside.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Late to the party.

DD played in the Bryan/College Station High School tournament. 270 games in 3 days overall for all teams at this big tourney.
We are a small private school of 820ish kids going up against big 6A schools.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD is in Steamboat Spring skiing, so DW and I are attending the ACC/B1G Challenge this weekend to watch DD's future college team play. Yesterday afternoon they beat Syracuse 4-3 in 8 innings. Was great to get to watch them play in person. Plan to attend one game today and one tomorrow.

I am happy to report that DD has returned from CO injury free!

Jun 22, 2015
Good luck to your daughter at the tryouts. My DD is going to tryout in a few weeks so I'm curious on the feedback on how the tryout is conducted. :)

We did the tryouts this past weekend- it was cool. No more old school speed guns and stop watches. All laser timers and digital equipment. for everything from running to pitching. Nothing like Lauren Chamberlain to judge your swing and Hannah Rodgers to judge your pitching:) It was fun for the girls to meet all of the pride players and very cool to feel like you impressed them (according to DD)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles