Did I do right?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
...and there's always one idiot behind their keyboard that thinks they know everything because their dd plays for a major D1 program......

Softgabby is questioning herself on the play. She wants to know if and what she could have done differently. WE WEREN'T THERE! All we know is that the umpire called the runner out, the other coach argued, Softgabby was okay, and the other girl stayed on the ground for a bit. We can all only give a best guess that softgabby did what she could based on the umpire's decision. I sided with the umpire.....and yet I'm a jerk.

She wasn't questioning the play. She was questioning the aftermath if she should have gone over to the opposing player. Perhaps that's where the disconnect was. I intrepeted it as you were questioning softballgabby's story and going after a kid.

The jerk comment was uncalled for and I apologize.

Dec 19, 2012
She wasn't questioning the play. She was questioning the aftermath if she should have gone over to the opposing player. Perhaps that's where the disconnect was. I intrepeted it as you were questioning softballgabby's story and going after a kid.

The jerk comment was uncalled for and I apologize.

I apologize as well for the idiot comment. I, like many responded pertaining to the play, not the aftermath. I believe she showed great sportsmanship. I'm sorry if I confused anyone. Concerning the sportsmanship softgabby did a great job and did not do anything wrong, and should not have done anything differently.

Oct 4, 2014
I know this is late, I don't get around here much lately. The fact that this young lady has enough passion and thought to question weather she was right or wrong or even what she should have done different tells me enough about her to know that this is a young lady with class and sportsmanship above and beyond the norm. My DD has had quite a few bang up plays at the plate. No matter if it is right or wrong I always hate to see it. I believe this young lady handled it correctly. Just my 2 cents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi