Device to encourage Hello Elbow

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
e5e1caa7c543adbcc1fc8231ba3d9513.jpg
[/IMG]

I think it's a really good finishing position. Feet close together for no range, back arched for minimal forward movement, glove down at your side, glove just about to fall off the hand. I wish more of you would teach your pitchers to do the same. :rolleyes:

I'd only add she tilt her head back more and close her eyes.

Jul 22, 2012
I like the video where there are 2 girls pitching with horrific mechanics and this guy is just standing behind them saying nothing.

Classic, Priceless. I want 2 of these things

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Hi, JStanley. No joke. I am pitching coach in Marana, AZ. and I received an e-mail from this website, selling this apparatus. It looks like a thing to hang clothes on, for a rummage sale.

Oct 22, 2009
Curious to why the videos have been removed.

I had a pitcher that went to another instructor for 6 months and she came back looking exactly like that, plus had a high back leg kick in as well. Hopefully within 6 months I can get her back to where she was before.

And there is a PC here that has his pitchers buy those xcelerators and his girls are always going around smacking themselves in the back really hard in the back with them.

ConorMacleod

Practice Like You Play
Jul 30, 2012
My DD has an Xcelerator. It helps with arm circle and also arm strength, as she is only 10U. It's also a quick warm-up if she needs it. By no means does it replace working with her pitching coach or live pitching practice, but I certainly don't see it as a detriment either. If you see pitchers smacking themselves in the back with them, perhaps they have more issues than my daughter.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I'll tell you, the more I think about it, the more I think about it.... That plain is untouched in the pitching enterprise. If you could forget this usage, and just think about how else you could refine your craft in this untouched...the overhead plain of pitching.

I taught DD ending with the glove up at shoulder, it would work as a visual, instead of having it so close, you could use it as a marker for where the glove is to finish, plus calibrate the length of stride for the leap... I'm liking it more and more.

My first acceptance of "this something new thing" was to, figure out what else I could do with it. First thought was to have 3, and I could make a tournament tent...a clothes line??? It got me to think of using it as a camera stand to really get some good close up video overhead...then it came to me...I all ready have one ...my green screen stand...I use for backgrounds in photography... then I started looking up...and came up with recording a video of DD pitching, with my camera on the roof.... I'm going to work on that bit of inspiration that this concept has given me. I'll post it soon... :{))

9-13-2012 9-18-27 PM.jpg You see it ???

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Can't wait to set my stand up next video, NOW I know HOW to get that glove up :{)) I hope the inventor doesn't have that thing patented yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC