DD's first home run

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
My Daughter has played since T-ball and is now at the 12U level . Today she uncorked on one down the right field line and pretty much had a triple nailed down when the ball was overthrown to 3rd and she made it all the way home . It may not have been an over the fence HR (that wasn't gonna happen at 280+ feet) but it was her first . She was greeted by all her team mates and was in tears as she came off the field . I am guessing it is a feeling she will not soon forget and the best part was that I got it all on video ;)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Try to explain to FC to 10 YOA DD when she smacks the ball right at the CF who throws the runner out going to 2nd, it is a single.

Your DD touched all the bases, HR!

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
Post that bad boy up so we can see too:D

Complete and utter dismay here as I recorded it on my fancy new smart phone . I tried uploading it to Youtube and it said that it had uploaded it , unfortunately it didn't show up on my youtube account and now I can't find it on my phone . I am gonna swing by the Verizon dealer near me tomorrow and see if they can find it . I feel kind of sick as it was the first time I got anything really AWESOME she did on video and now its gone .

Mar 8, 2012
Congrats! I know the feeling, one of our players hit a 15' 3R "HR" Sunday. I wasn't about to break the news that in the books it was bunt single with 2 errors. Let them enjoy the game. Awesome hit either way and good luck with retrieving the video.

Jun 3, 2011
Southwestern CT
Awesome! Still waiting on mine! DD #1 is 11, also playing since tball and valued by her coaches as a VERY consistent hitter- just not the long ball. It will be a big party!

Sep 18, 2011
Congrats on her accomplishment, to her its an HR and that should good enough for any adult.

I completely disagree and I'm quite happy to be a killjoy. Kids need to be taught the rules and part of softball is learning how to score accurately. The opposing pitcher did not surrender a home run. Truth and accuracy should count for something. Michael congrats to your daughter on her triple.