DD swing needs some help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Thank you all for the great advice! "Tip it n Rip it" was the drill I was trying to remember - Thanks B. There have been many issues I've been wrestling with but for some reason I couldn't get a grip on, maybe because there were so many!!- I think you guys hit them all and hit them all very specifically, providing examples that I can show DD and she will be able to understand. Thanks again, You are the balls! this is EXACTLY what I needed!

May 3, 2014
Just to be clear - the hips are part of the core. But, they also have a different job than the core sheath. They provide power in the way of flexion/extension/rotation. This power gets transferred through the torso by bracing the core sheath muscles in a way that stiffens the spine but allows movement of the body's members (arms and legs). In essence, the core sheath prevents movement of the spine so that energy can be efficiently transferred.

But, the initial burst comes from the core sheath of muscles.

Do a body squat 2 ways - one way just use your legs/hips to push up. Next way initiate the push of the legs/hips from a core pulse.

If you do it right - one way will almost lift you off the ground. Core pulsing has direction. Meaning - the pulse can directed up as in the case of the squat - down in the case of swinging an axe to split logs or left and right to swing/kick/punch/etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi