DD "growth spurt" causing mechanical issues

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'm not a pitcher...at least not anymore. But I can sympathize with what your DD is going through. My position is on the other end of the battery. This past season I grew 3 inches. I didn't realize this until after I started going through this injury I'm going through now that I grew. I mean yeah I should have known it starting with an intermediate catcher's set...now somewhat grown out of it and into an adult. Going from 4' 10" tall to now being 5' 1" tall. I'm told another few inches could be possible. I could end up being a normal height. But I noticed a few things changed. When my bat changed from a youth bat that was too small for me to an adult bat, my power numbers grew, my batting average went up and I became a more dangerous hitter. My season finished at .435 up from .320. My home runs went from 1 to 8. I drove in over double the runs. I'm not seeing the same kind of pitching anymore.

What I'm saying is, your daughter should be feeling stronger now that she's hit a growth spurt. It could result in a confidence boost. But I'd hire a pitching coach to help her along and get her to become familiar with her new mechanics. Just like I had to work with a hitting coach on my swing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles