DD gets odd Exposer.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Going Deep: My brother is a pharmacist (Pharm.D actaully with his grad degree). We both played ball in HS. He couldn't play ball in college due to the rigors of the academics of the Pharmacy School @ Rutgers.

The schools the DD are considering are 5 year bachelor degrees in Pharmacy or 6 year Pharm. D degrees?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Going Deep: My brother is a pharmacist (Pharm.D actaully with his grad degree). We both played ball in HS. He couldn't play ball in college due to the rigors of the academics of the Pharmacy School @ Rutgers.

The schools the DD are considering are 5 year bachelor degrees in Pharmacy or 6 year Pharm. D degrees?

Thanks a million for this post. I've really been trying to convince DD that the load is going to be too much on her. Of coarse all these kids know is how HS works, she can sleep through class and still get an A. The furthest "road trip" is 4 hours away, twice a year. Going to be a rude awakening in college.*

I've pitched in college, and the schedule is harsh to say the least. She really has no idea, but shes hard headed like her mom. :)

You may know more than I, the way I understood the Pharmacy Coarse was the Pharm.D. program is a four-year professional program after students have completed approximately three years of preprofessional courses. ( hurts my head just thinking about all that )

She is a junior, and after this playoff run we are going to take more time to go over her choices so she has a better understanding and can make her own clear choices. *

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
I hope this umpire/player relationship works out for my DGD. Any game that she is catching the PU never, never has to clean the plate. Sometimes I think you can eat off of it she keeps it so clean. Many umps tell her that they will get that and she just looks at them and smiles and tells them they are working too hard as it is.:) It brings a big smile to my face seeing her cleaning the plate and the umpire standing and watching with hands on hips and a big smile on their face. Some times she will introduce herself to the umpire and then assures him that she will try to stop every ball so they don't get hit. She really enjoys catching and loves to have fun and plays a pretty mean game too!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
The two schools agreed to move the sub-state to tomorrow instead of today. They had graduation last night, we have ours tonight. So Saturday was only logical. We have not played them this season, I hear they have a good pitcher and go small on the field. Should be an exciting game. College still coming.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
State bound two years in a row!!! Until last year the school has never gone to state in 25 years.

Should have some ink tomorrow and I'll post the link.

Started off slow, 2-1 us all the way to the 4th. Then a few good shots sent us up 5-2 in the 5th. Then obviously the girls figured out their pitcher, we scored 8 runs in the top of 7th. We had 2 errors bottom of 7th and they scored 1. ( 13-3 ) final score.

DD had 7 K's, hit one ( Quincy ) and walked one. 1-3 batting. One that bounced off 220 fence ( I thought was gone ), then one that rolled all the way to the pitcher :confused: haha, then a fly out to LF.

College was there, DD talked to her. Yada, yada........sounded promising and said she will be in touch with us. She was honest a week ago and told us they were looking at 2 other pitchers. One in Bama last week, and I can't remember where the other one was. So we shall see.

Pretty good prep news though. The big city metro paper was there, wants to do an article on the family and state. Last night my nephew pitched his way to their state tourney. His older brother won state in 2008, my brother was runner up in state 1982. The reporter said it's rare 4 members from a family, with 2 different genders, all 4 are pitchers, make it to the same state tournament in TN. I thought that was really neat. ( yes my HS did not have the pitching staff to get there :( )

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2009
Kids need to do the work and contact coaches, not dads and not parental self- or otherwise promotion. The kids who don't work at this don't have the attitude to get through the grind of college anyway. Get an academic scholarship and then it won't depend on softball.

You won't get most umps or anyone else to refer your daughter for a scholarship. One in a million.

Very few are 'found' magically at these exposure tourneys.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Well the brackets are up for state this morning. And it's going to be one tough rode to survive, yet alone win this thing. You want to talk about some impressive numbers and see what kind of high school competition we have around here. This is why HS softball is so BIG in Tennessee.

In our D1 AAA bracket.

Beech: ranked #4 team in the country / 49-2 record / Ace pitcher Alex Banks initially established a new state record for pitching victories in a season on Monday, as she improved to 45-1 with Beech’s Region 5-AAA win over Clarksville Northeast. The previous mark of 44 was set by Riverdale’s Cat Hosfield in 2007. Hosfield is currently playing softball at Tennessee.

Soddy Daisy: ranked #25 team in the country / 42-4 record / Ace pitcher Kelsey Nunley #1 pitcher in the state with 31-2 season record and a 0.20 ERA / 331 K's for 188 innings

Seymour: 38-7 record / Ace pitcher Carly Lewis 20-4 / 1.04 ERA / 196 K's for 135 innings

Daniel Boone: 44-4 record / Ace Waycaster (33-2) / ( I don't know much about this team. )

Coffee: 33-11 record / Ace Jones (15-5) / 0.90 ERA / 160 K's for 121 innings

Arlington: from our neck of the woods / ok team with full roster of hitters / pitching is average

And then there's our first opponent......

Mt Juliet: who just beat Beech ( ranked #6 in ESPN fab 50 ) and ended their 41 game winning streak.

Winning this will be nothing less than a miracle...............

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck