DBSFA-(Drop-Barrel-Swing-Flat-Anonymous) a FFF thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I agree. Need to see more, but as I have stated, she isn't turning the barrel on time!

I hear you. You aren't overly happy with the hand activation that is taking place. It's easy enough to find out ... lower the tee and see if the lesson was truly learned. If that check passes, then move on to front-toss and see if there is a "reading of the pitch" induced hand-path issue.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
haha....I just saw that our friend on the other site is making claims again. He conveniently left out the before clip of course...I guess everyone should just take him at his word that he fixed it in one lesson. Seems lots of folks make that claim ad then don't show the video of before and after.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I hear you. You aren't overly happy with the hand activation that is taking place. It's easy enough to find out ... lower the tee and see if the lesson was truly learned. If that check passes, then move on to front-toss and see if there is a "reading of the pitch" induced hand-path issue.

Bingo!! I have no issues with using the tee, but there is no substitute to hitting a moving target. You won't know for sure if the leveling problem has been solved until you can repeat the swing against a moving pitch.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
what happens if you flatten the hands and drop the barrel and swing upwards at the ball? That's not swinging flat! :cool:

Semantics. DBSF is a generalization of a swing pattern with a faulty leveling process prior to launch that often shows up as a level-to-the-ground swing. On high pitches, we will indeed see a low to high bat path very frequently. That doesn't mean it's not a DBSF pattern swing.

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
TM- You are a hypocrite. You call out everyone else for not providing video evidence, then you claim you fixed a kid in a session but can't show the before. And yes, the before matters when you make the bold claims you do....my guess is that kid showed up to you with a swing that is pretty much exactly what you posted. Congrats, you got lucky enough to get an athletic kid with a good swing come to you.

What is it with the experts and the inability to operate a simple video recording device?