Daughters Progress

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2011
Blue, Oklahoma
Video of DD

I posted on this site a few months back and got some good information from you guys. DD has been working hard to correct the issues. I've posted a video of DD batting in a tournament from this past weekend. Any input would be greatly appreciated as to what we still need to work on.

Triple to left center.mp4 - YouTube

Last edited:
May 1, 2011
That ball was torched. Nice AB for your kiddo. My favorite part of the video is the umpire watching to make sure she touches the bases. That actually happens? Wow!!!! We were in Oklahoma two weeks ago, and my initial impression was that all the umpires up there were blind.

Josh

Apr 14, 2011
Blue, Oklahoma
Thanks Josh...We were probably at the same tournament (Combat Classic) a couple weeks ago in Norman, OK. We picked up with Vendetta 12u that weekend. I thought I saw a Cobra team in the tournament.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The early top-hand-palm-up-to-sky action is going to make it tough for her.

15g7l3.gif

Jan 25, 2011
Why do you say that? It looks like one of the better swings I have seen posted to this site
I can not argue with that one,but her rear elbow does get ahead of her hands.I seen it but was not going to comment on it,but since FFS said it I agree.Redzone71 asked for what people seen,well thats what I see to ,also she looks like she might have a little squish the bug,a little.Nobody is saying that her swing is bad,just the little things.

Apr 14, 2011
Blue, Oklahoma
FiveFrameSwing...I'm not real clear on what you mean by palm to sky.

She does still have a little bit of the squish the bug but it's much better than it was two months ago. She has been working very hard to fix her issues and is a very driven young lady. DD asked me to post this video and see what you guys still think needs to be worked on. DD just turned 13 back in April and is really just now starting to understand the little things it takes to get her swing where it should be.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
In the position shown below ….. if your daughter were to open up her top hand (her right hand) then the palm would be pointing up towards the sky. This is something that you often see in hitters that drag the barrel (i.e., ‘bat drag’).

wl6f4x.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors