Dallas Escobedo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2008
Just googled her. Go to pitch is screwball so that would address some of the funky motion you mention. There is a photo of her that looks pretty sound fundamentally. Front foot at a 45, shoulders north and south, hips closed to the plate. I think what was happening is that she is so quick you are missing the explosive motion, which with her throwing in the mid 60's, is going to be fast, very fast. From third base you can read the number on the front of her jersey so she is turning more than you realize. Plus she is a 6 foot tall sophomore so there is a lot of girl to coil and uncoil.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I haven't found any. Her last name is Escobedo.

It is well know in AZ. that she wanted to sign with U of A, but they have Fowler, who is an in-coming Freshman. And then, Shelby someone coming in from Denver, next year.

Dallas' father was insistent (according to local papers) that she sign with ASU, and she did. She is a HS senior.

May 13, 2008
I found a picture...

v0uan4i.jpg

Dec 31, 2008
First off, does anyone have a link to watch her full motion?

And, she isnt in any contact with the ground here...Shouldnt that be called?

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
how old is that pic? she looks alot different to me, they have been showing the game on espnu quite frequently maybe you can check their schedule and see whay I am talking about.

Dec 31, 2008
I was sure it was an illegal pitch, and ive seen so many college and professional pitchers, replanting their front foot, but ive only seen Monica Abbott get called for it.
Why hasnt it been called when it happens, and just let go?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It is never called around here. Pictures show it, but it is hard to see during games. (I am not talking just about her.) As long as the back toe is pointed, it is "supposedly" OK.

Mar 18, 2009
La Crosse WI
1. How does a pitcher "replant" the front foot?
2. Umpires consider a replant of the pivot/drive foot to be the critical criterion for an illegal pitch -- is the pitcher gaining an advantage? A little air under the drag foot isn't a big deal.
jim

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
When Monica Abbott was pitching against Australia(?) in a July tournament she was called for illegal pitches twice I think. What she was doing was sliding her pivot foot to the center of the pitching rubber, then stepping forward with it a few inches just prior to striding. The foot was definitely losing contact with the pitching rubber. I recall a commentator stating she doesn't teach the "slide & stride" (my terminology) for this reason.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55