Critique / Help Series of Swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

Bautista-Jose-2011-Take_zps35baf2c4.gif

R

RayR

Which wrist and how do you think it changes? Who said the anything about the wrist angle changing?

Poor attempt! The barrel stays behind the hands, as I have always said. That relationship does not change. The bat head moves with rotation, the shoulder turns, the hands turn, the bat turns. That is connected swinging. At no time does the loaded wrist angle change, the bat follows the shoulder. This is exactly why you don't release the bat head early. This is correct.

Feb 3, 2013
It's not about committing the bat early. It's about bat speed early in the swing, so you don't have to commit early. Sudden acceleration getting the bat quickly deep into the zone.

bustos4.gif

I see the barrel in its swing arc, going rearward, well prior to the point-of-no-return.

Feb 3, 2013
RD that apology was for you. Like I said I take this stuff probably too serious but it's because I care. I had no right to say what I did and I know you are only doing this to help others. As a side note if you have the gif of Brooke in black please post it so others can see. Some background on the gif, Teacherman and Tewks gave me some great advice and drills to try with Brooke and it made a tremendous difference.

What were the drills and advice that you received from Teacherman & Tewks that you found helpful?

Feb 14, 2010
I don't know what the babe Ruth towel drill is. Just have your DD set up with and swing like the Babe and have her pay attention to what it feels like. I don't have access to a babe gif on my phone but I'm sure someone does.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06