Crimson Tide leaking

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
From another site

Kilfoyl
Goodnight
Doerr
Lord
Bloodworth

Also Storako from Mi

Hearing rumors about players that are stepping away from the game that I never saw coming. (Not transferring.)

This is going to be a wild off season, put on your seatbelts y’all.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2016
Wow, those are some of the best players.

How many times can a student athlete enter the portal during their 4 years?

1 time according to Google

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Didn’t AL also recently lose KB Sides to Arkansas and Skylar Wallace to FL? What is going on at AL? Losing that number of (good) players in a short span of time seems really unusual.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
You will see more of this since money is now involved. Coaching will have to change as well due to the portal. This is the tip of the iceberg. Players can now get together and create their own teams. Some mid-major that might have an opening could, in theory, and with some money due to location, become powers for a brief time if they take on 4 or 5 from the portal that have an agenda together.

Jun 6, 2018
Didn’t AL also recently lose KB Sides to Arkansas and Skylar Wallace to FL? What is going on at AL? Losing that number of (good) players in a short span of time seems really unusual.

Yes they did which really to me should have been the first red flag that there is a player revolt against coaching. I think Alabama and Michigan (based on early portal entrants) are showing that two "older" legendary coaches are not fairing well. The big problem is the red flags are flying high over both programs so it will be difficult for recruits or potential transfer portal girls to look at those situations and say "yeah I want to go to a school where all their star players are leaving". I know neither Michigan or Alabama want to address the issue with firings but neither school softball program will be a legitimate national championship contender until they do unfortunately.

On a side note, Montana Fouts is putting up a strong message she is playing in her extra year and staying put in Alabama. Two ways to look at it, if she wants to compete for a championship it is the absolute wrong decision on her part because the program is going to be a shell of what it was for the time being, if she cares more about being in Alabama and potentially coaching in the state after her final season then it is the right thing to do.

Feb 24, 2022
One thing is for sure - on the surface, it certainly doesn't look good for the school. Regardless of the reasons, it's never good to have that many girls from your team choosing to leave. However, none of us knows the reasons for the girls transfering, so it's tough to say for certain what the root issues are.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
How many times can a student athlete enter the portal during their 4 years?

1 time according to Google
I don't think this is correct? Student athletes can enter the portal and withdraw from the portal multiple times. This may change once an athlete actually transfers to a different school (pretty sure it doesn't though) but if they simply withdraw from the portal they are free to enter again at a later time. Maybe someone with a better grasp on this can clarify?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie