Crazy Softball Mom

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
The mom's daughter has lost quite a few friends because of her mom. Following games, the daughter would apologize for her mom's behavior the next school day. Feel bad for her.

That is awful, seen this with alcoholics, the kid takes ownership of the parent's behavior.

These are exactly the kids that youth sports can help, to be a part of a team, do something away from a diseased home life, but not like this.

Sep 5, 2012
my thoughts exactly....and don't engage her her in any way shape or form....but I will say "the squeeky wheel gets greased first" and the power of complaints to the league or tournament officals for this type of behavor is rarely tolerated and will usualy be addressed pretty quickly...if it's a competitive club they are in, someone should contact the orgizations leader and complain.

Well, since she was a league official, it was a little difficult to report her. I did mention her behavior to the manager of her daughter's team (he was a league official as well) and he said he knew she was a little out of hand but just minimized it and said she can't handle her daughter pitching but "means well." ??? Another parent on that team was a league official also but did not do anything about it either. We do not have local travel teams. All teams are about 45+ min away so for the fall we are traveling about 50 min to get to my daughter's practices for her travel ball team. In the spring, I would like her to continue playing travel ball so we do not have to deal with that lady or the organization that allowed her to behave that way. She wants to play one more season of Little League and then transition to travel ball entirely because she wants to play one more season with her friends. Hoping fall ball goes REALLY well so that she will want to continue with travel ball.

Sep 18, 2011
I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm not surprised to see that this occurred in rec ball. Seems that the lower the level of ball the more obnoxious the parents. Just my two cents. Your mileage may vary.

Apr 11, 2012
Well, since she was a league official, it was a little difficult to report her. I did mention her behavior to the manager of her daughter's team (he was a league official as well) and he said he knew she was a little out of hand but just minimized it and said she can't handle her daughter pitching but "means well." ??? Another parent on that team was a league official also but did not do anything about it either. We do not have local travel teams. All teams are about 45+ min away so for the fall we are traveling about 50 min to get to my daughter's practices for her travel ball team. In the spring, I would like her to continue playing travel ball so we do not have to deal with that lady or the organization that allowed her to behave that way. She wants to play one more season of Little League and then transition to travel ball entirely because she wants to play one more season with her friends. Hoping fall ball goes REALLY well so that she will want to continue with travel ball.

call the Parks and Rec director of the city of county then....everyone has a boss, but the best advice is to not engage her in any way shape or form....

But why does your coaching staff allow such loud derogitory remarks about their players be tolerated.....they are 12 YO girls....there has to be sportmanship rules in place I would think, plus an umpire has the power to shut someone up too....

I will say that whenever a fan has began to be-little one of our players (it has only happened twice at 16A) our coaching staff all stopped the game and began walking towards the person and pointing them out and then we began to verbally embarrassed them demanding the other team coaches to stop it....both times the parent stopped and they inidents were resolved quickly and they kept their month shut from there on out....and as I said before...bullies sometimes have to be challenged to get them to relent....

But if she is a board member then you may have to settle it the ole irish way the next time.....

jk still

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
This is one of the reasons I sit in the outfield..... In the grand scheme of things a softball game is not that important. The sun rose for OAK players the next day when they lost...How can a parent take it that personally? And at 12? I always told my kids no one feels worse than the player who made the error, struck out, etc. and you have no right to make it worse. Especially a pitcher who is trying their hardest and can't get that strike or keep the hits from coming. There is no lonelier place than a pitcher's circle when things go south.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes