coresoftball 20

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 29, 2016
I looked on the Wilson, Louisville Slugger, and Demarini websites. I was only able to find a dealer locater NOT anything that lists authorized Online retailers.

I've looked into it a little and don't see any way to pay less than full retail on current line bats IF you also don't want to risk it not being from an authorized dealer and therefore not eligible for a warranty replacement. So the only way it seems to save any money is find a previous year model that your DD likes and that is still in stock in size needed. Unfortunately, even previous year models of Demarini and L/S aren't discounted 'that much'. Easton bats are but most would agree they aren't as good as Demarini and L/S.

It's a tough situation for sure but it's reflective of the nature of retail business today. Wilson knows that across their line they have good and very popular bats. They know people of course would like to save 20-30% off retail on new stuff if they can but they also know it won't be a deal breaker for anywhere near enough people to matter to their sales.....given how often most people buy bats. If you buy 1 or 2 brand new bats every 12 months, the savings off full retail from an authorized dealer is probably around $70-90 for one bat and $140-180 for two bats. Saving $70-180 over a period of a year of course is a great option to have that pretty much anyone would jump on. However, it's not an amount of money that will stop many people from getting the necessary equipment for their kid over the course of a year. So while it's unfortunate for the consumer, I can understand the business rationale behind it

Aug 31, 2015
Texas
Something I find odd is one of the parents from a team my daughter was on a year ago just opened his own business selling primarily Wilson products. He has a little shop he opened up and claims to be an authorized retailer of LS and DeMarini etc etc. He has already sold quite a few bats both out of his store and online and has contracts with some select teams to provide them equipment. If Wilson is shutting this avenue down then why are they allowing new people to open up shop?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Something I find odd is one of the parents from a team my daughter was on a year ago just opened his own business selling primarily Wilson products. He has a little shop he opened up and claims to be an authorized retailer of LS and DeMarini etc etc. He has already sold quite a few bats both out of his store and online and has contracts with some select teams to provide them equipment. If Wilson is shutting this avenue down then why are they allowing new people to open up shop?

I have an unfounded suspicion that there may have been the involvement of a larger online seller who has popped up on this site a few times, and was particularly active right around the time that Core got whacked.

Mar 2, 2016
Ding ding ding...you sir are a winner!

Sir, no hype. I will say, the two best ASA bats made in SP right now belong to....Monsta and Miken. It took Miken to hire somebody
who knows Monsta very well to come out with a bat that can compete. For a couple years, Monsta has made ASA bats that kicked
the sh!t out of every manufacturer out there up until now. With Mikens hire late last year, they brought out the limited ASA Patriot, that
turned into the Platinum. (Worth also has the tech in their new asa bats since Miken is Worth).

Problem with Monsta...terrible organizational skills. I have been hitting him up for months to let me help him crack the fp market
with his bats, but he still tries to do it all with no stores so he can make all the profit. He responds, then wont for weeks.

Man do I win a prize or something...lol... I have heard the fp bats are legit as well and I am suppose to be getting some samples of them, but like you said the organization is severely lacking and he website is something to say the least...If he would get some help with someone it would be great...fingers crossed!

Feb 18, 2014
So Core, after reading all this i am a little confused. Have you closed shop or switched to other offerings?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Oct 2, 2015
I have an unfounded suspicion that there may have been the involvement of a larger online seller who has popped up on this site a few times, and was particularly active right around the time that Core got whacked.

If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck...

Mar 20, 2015
NW Az
Nah Excel2002, all that guy is, is a 3rd party seller. He isn't a real retailer. He has nothing
invested and has nothing to lose. Typical 3rd party guy. Buys his bats from a real store and just
resells...which is ILLEGAL under Wilson rules...but just another thing they only enforce when they want.

But be forwarned by buying off 3rd party guys...Wilson tracks serial numbers and knows where the bats come from.
THEY DO NOT HAVE TO WARRANTY ANY BAT SOLD BY A 3RD PARTY GUY. And if this guy does give you a real retail store's
receipt, its technically fake. You bought the bat off this guy, not the dealer. So its another issue that could pop up for customers.

Core I have done some research on this guy and "they are authorized" to sell any Wilson, Demarini, or L/S product. I actually purchased a Wilson Shock FX Catchers helmet from him that was defective and called Wilson and got another one sent to him as they wanted my defective one given to him to send back. I think maybe you have been singled out maybe by a large retailer that complained? It is unfair for sure and hope you can rebound from this.

Jun 19, 2016
I really find it funny they haven't responded to any of our emails. You think a simple "we decided to use a different strategy but we appreciate your business" would be appropriate.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
They aren't whacking everybody...I think they are getting rid of middle tier guys. If you sell a few bats a year, its fine. Once you
start cutting into the bigger stores, then that's where the issue is.

May 20, 2015
They aren't whacking everybody...I think they are getting rid of middle tier guys. If you sell a few bats a year, its fine. Once you
start cutting into the bigger stores, then that's where the issue is.

especially when one of the bigger online retailers notices how much business you do within a fastpitch forum?

cool that wilson cares more about profit than they do customer service.......this certain online retailer never met a bat they didn't love, and I swear has someone in-house writing their supposed "customer" reviews

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01