Comments/Criticsm Welcomed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
My DD used to tear up 2 or more pairs of tennis shoes a year during pitching lessons and practice. Then we bought a pair of Ringor turf shoes with a pitching toes and have been using them for the past 2 years with no problems!

My DD used to drag on her big toe and then roll to her pinky toe side, so we lived by duct tape. She was so glad to get her first pair of ringers when she went to college, but her college wasn't happy when she went through a pair every season.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD used to drag on her big toe and then roll to her pinky toe side, so we lived by duct tape. She was so glad to get her first pair of ringers when she went to college, but her college wasn't happy when she went through a pair every season.

How was she wearing out a pair every season? Does she drag outside of the pitching toe area or is she just really hard on shoes?

Oct 22, 2009
How was she wearing out a pair every season? Does she drag outside of the pitching toe area or is she just really hard on shoes?

There was no protection on the pinky toe side of the shoe.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Like the first OP... this is the last throw of practice. I tell her to knock me off the bucket. I tell her she can use her "2Step"... So glad to be done with the walk-up's :cool: Lots of progress on my long list this week. Up on toe better, lol... arm closer. She was getting the foot @ 45 all through practice. Even with this rebuild, she is keepin the ball 12/6 :cool:

1-11-15.gif

EP: I set the video to TV... I knew what 1/2000 looked like (OP), so I just looked at led and dropped down to where I got some light & color....1/250 & Happy w/ this.... I can see it with little blur. I can see those long fingers :cool: I think I'm seeing the ball pick up the ZIP out about 3-5' after release.

Last edited:
May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Looking much improved...
everything looks pretty spot-on up to 9:00.

I realize that this was a "full-force" pitch that you filmed,
so mechanics might have broken-down some, but...

keep working on posture and bringing that arm closer to body 9:00-release.
She's still clearing her hips, and her release point is still forward.

also, time to work toward some upper-arm stabilization.
I see zero pause of upper arm (humerus) and whip of lower arm through release.

I'm pretty sure these two flaws go hand-in-hand,
so as one improves, so will the other.

Jul 14, 2008
Like the first OP... this is the last throw of practice. I tell her to knock me off the bucket. I tell her she can use her "2Step"... So glad to be done with the walk-up's :cool: Lots of progress on my long list this week. Up on toe better, lol... arm closer. She was getting the foot @ 45 all through practice. Even with this rebuild, she is keepin the ball 12/6 :cool:

1-11-15.gif

EP: I set the video to TV... I knew what 1/2000 looked like (OP), so I just looked at led and dropped down to where I got some light & color....1/250 & Happy w/ this.... I can see it with little blur. I can see those long fingers :cool: I think I'm seeing the ball pick up the ZIP out about 3-5' after release.

PC.......Throw the ball at the BACK HIP/THIGH, not the front hip/thigh. Watch the distance from her side disappear and her upper arm stabilize when she snaps it off at the back hip. She'll have to practice a little because she's liable to throw a few into the ground as she gets used to moving the release point back where it belongs.....

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
PC.......Throw the ball at the BACK HIP/THIGH, not the front hip/thigh. Watch the distance from her side disappear and her upper arm stabilize when she snaps it off at the back hip. She'll have to practice a little because she's liable to throw a few into the ground as she gets used to moving the release point back where it belongs.....

Thank-You Sir !!!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Looking much improved...
everything looks pretty spot-on up to 9:00.

I realize that this was a "full-force" pitch that you filmed,
so mechanics might have broken-down some, but...

keep working on posture and bringing that arm closer to body 9:00-release.
She's still clearing her hips, and her release point is still forward.

also, time to work toward some upper-arm stabilization.
I see zero pause of upper arm (humerus) and whip of lower arm through release.

I'm pretty sure these two flaws go hand-in-hand,
so as one improves, so will the other.

Thank You... going to work on that.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Big Week !!! DD is smokin Hot !!! Got the toe burning rubber. She threw 100 pitches like it was nothing. Sorry I got so excited, I didn't even want to film... Get some tomorrow :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi