Comments/Criticsm Welcomed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I would also check to see where she is wearing out her cleats. In this video she gets her drag foot turned sideways and almost looks like she is dragging her heel. It may be because she is in the gym, but she needs to get more up on the tip of her toe to keep more of her momentum going forward vs. "bowling" with her drag leg.

Wear & Tear.... :cool:

wrong.jpg

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
Left arm should come straight out together with right arm. Pitching arm at 12:00 left palm should rotate towards 3rd base, you will a immediate complete opening of the hips.

Jul 17, 2012
Perfect Circle...I've been pretty scarce on here recently, as I am finding it harder and harder to get time to read/post. I Feel like the last video I saw of your DD was eons ago. Overall, she looks great. All the macro components are there. Couple observations.

1. Get rid of the backward step off the rubber with the stride foot. Keep it legal with all governing organizations.
2. I saw some negative comments about dragging an anchor with the pivot foot. I'll humbly disagree... I saw it as well on a front view....but when I saw a good side view, I see she's driving the back knee to the front knee quite aggresively, which is what really matters. She IS throwing into a firm front side. What the lower leg does isnt as important as what the upper leg does. She finishes as well as any 12YO that I have seen.
3. I know you're a Hillhouse guy, but I can't help but think she's limiting her drive and getting a little too twisted up by WANTING to take a backswing, but FORCING the ball to stay in the glove. You can hide the grip by using the glove as a shield and allowing a little more of a backswing/load.
4. I agree that she's carrying the ball a bit beyond the optimal release, but nothing catastrophic. That puts her in the 99th percentile of any ptcher I've seen at 12.
5. Only real negative I see is the butt tuck.... she's bending over sideways to clear the path for the arm circle. I dont think it's as much an arm circle issue as it is a posture issue. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see the arm circle coming out of line as much as I see the hips clearing out via a bend at the waist.

Once again..overall..she looks very good.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Hey FrozenRope... Often wondering how you guys are doing... I Guessed good, & still into it !

Thankz for your comments. (*Noted...& she'll read them too) She has taken that growth spirt that I had been waiting on. I don't dare try and watch her from the bucket. The time I spent learning video paid off. She's real open to about anything...and really watching (studying) video's of the best, but she is on a speed lust right now. She's not intrested in my gimmick stuff.."curves" ect...Its all about the rise & (fastx@ll~we still don't use that word) lol. She is more interested in her overhand speed #'s... we got the NJWT's 50+mph requirement easy :cool: Thz Again !

EP: I'm interested on what you learned ...going after good "lighting" for Video's too ???

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
All is well here. DD bumping up to 14U this year. Still eligable for 12, but she wants to stay with her friends and she's capable, so I figured why not. She still spends quite a bit of time on the FB....her location is getting much better. She's got the Change down......and just started working on the turnover/rollover drop.

Hey, just took another peak, and don't know if anyone else mentioned it...but for the sake of the longevity of her left knee...try and get the plant foot closer to 1:00. She's planting dead at 3:00. That's likely contributing to the lean.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am not an expert on the subject, but I would bet $1 that if you can eliminate the "rubbing" from the area in yellow and get her more on the tip of her toe it will increase her leg drive and increase her pitch speed 2-3 MPH.

Perfect Circle shoe wear.jpg

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
All is well here. DD bumping up to 14U this year. Still eligable for 12, but she wants to stay with her friends and she's capable, so I figured why not. She still spends quite a bit of time on the FB....her location is getting much better. She's got the Change down......and just started working on the turnover/rollover drop.

Hey, just took another peak, and don't know if anyone else mentioned it...but for the sake of the longevity of her left knee...try and get the plant foot closer to 1:00. She's planting dead at 3:00. That's likely contributing to the lean.

Great...glad to hear that she is moving up Fast !!! DD put it on some 14'ers @ 43' this summer too. Glad to hear from you. Real Dads W/ real DD's and video cameras are a big + here to me. Thx for your insights... they are on my list !!!!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I am not an expert on the subject, but I would bet $1 that if you can eliminate the "rubbing" from the area in yellow and get her more on the tip of her toe it will increase her leg drive and increase her pitch speed 2-3 MPH.

View attachment 7318

Thx JAD ! Can't say for sure, but I'm thinkin that dark spot at the tip toe is new. Time to get new shoes and keep closer eye on this.
Loved your DD's Screwball Clip !!!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We need a shoe thread

My DD used to tear up 2 or more pairs of tennis shoes a year during pitching lessons and practice. Then we bought a pair of Ringor turf shoes with a pitching toes and have been using them for the past 2 years with no problems!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877