College Recruiting east coast PGF vs ASA tourneys

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
I am not aware of an easy way to find out what schools go to what events.....

Here is where the legwork begins. Many colleges will post a list of tentative tournaments coaches
normally attend. It is time to start reaching out to the 'short list' of colleges- fill out recruiting questionnaires.

Look into some tournaments that take place in the regions she is looking to attend college. The D9 events
in Orlando in October and January are well attended by many schools. Some lesser known tournaments are
also pretty good TNT Showcase Quakertown Pa. and the winter 'Rising Stars in Ft Lauderdale. The proverbial
ball is now in DD's court, it is up to her to reach out and be put on the radar of colleges she hopes to attend.
Best of Luck to her- enjoy the ride!

Jun 17, 2014
Thanks everyone - some of those mentioned are on the schedule and the coach has already asked her for a list of schools she's interested in so he can start helping her - - off to a good start, I'd say!

Jul 26, 2016
PGF and ASA are a one week tournament. For recruiting you want to get on the team that is going to play in the best showcases in the Southeast to get your DD seen by the coaches of the school she is interested in attending. Some good ones are Atlanta Legacy, Champions, Scenic City, Southern Force - Watkinsville, and there are a couple of D9 events in FL. If your DD has great academics check out Pennsbury.

Reach out to the college coaches of the schools your DD is interested in attending and ask them which showcases they will be attending. As far as a nationals, I would much rather be at PGF vs. ASA to be seen by college coaches. Huntington Beach is also nice vs. BFE....

The one in Trussville AL surprised me at how many big name coaches it drew...and the Bolts Shin Dig in Montgomery draws a bunch also

Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
I think the PGF hype is a little over-rated. If she wants to stay in a specific region I believe that focused regional exposure is much more important. She needs to do her work contacting coaches and getting to camps where she has a reasonable shot, but I don't think there is any need to go PGF if you are staying on the East coast. That said, congratulations on your team selection and I hope it works out great!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves