Coaching clipboard

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
So I have this old Franklin Sports dry erase lineup clipboard that I love. It has room for 14 lineup spots on the left with #/Name/Pos boxes, and to the right is a diamond where I write in the #'s of who is at each position. I am looking to replace it for this school ball season, but I can't find anything that looks like it will do what this does the same way it does it. What do you guys use?
IMG_2212.jpg

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I saw that one or one very similar at Dick's. I guess I'm spoiled, I really want something like I have. I'm thinking of making my own from a magnetic dry erase board.

I was liking this until I read all the 1 and 2 star ratings, but I think I can make one similar to a combination of that and this.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
Yeah, it's not bad but not quite right.

I don't want one too big, I was thinking to run down to Staples and grab a board around 24x18 maybe, if I can find one. Not sure yet.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I looked at them also when I was in the market. My only concern was losing the magnets in between games at tourneys when everyone's in a rush to get out for the next team waiting. Have you had a problem with that? My teams an eleven person wrecking crew usually.

I have extras in my coaching bag but I have rarely used them. The magnets are strong so they don't go anywhere unless there is a major incident. I have a small bag I always put the whole board into after games. That way if the magnets DO fall off when not in use they are in bottom of the bag.

Also using the magnets is not compulsory. You can use the board as just a dry erase board if you find they get in the way of how you work and are not for you.

I have been using the coacher board for about 8 seasons now. It would be weird without it now.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I have extras in my coaching bag but I have rarely used them. The magnets are strong so they don't go anywhere unless there is a major incident. I have a small bag I always put the whole board into after games. That way if the magnets DO fall off when not in use they are in bottom of the bag.

Also using the magnets is not compulsory. You can use the board as just a dry erase board if you find they get in the way of how you work and are not for you.

I have been using the coacher board for about 8 seasons now. It would be weird without it now.

That was the one I wanted, but there were a lot of "magnets not strong enough" reviews and for my 17 I'd really want to use the magnets. You say they're strong, won't come off if the board is blowing against the fence?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
That was the one I wanted, but there were a lot of "magnets not strong enough" reviews and for my 17 I'd really want to use the magnets. You say they're strong, won't come off if the board is blowing against the fence?

Strong enough unless you drop it on the ground from height. We added a second clip for stability if needed. We don't use it very often unless it is really nasty out (like dust storm windy)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877