catcher's helmet

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
haha so far I've scored a new with a scuff Jen Schro 'very best' helmet for $80.......it was listed used/as new, but pictures look like it was unworn....maybe a demo from shows or display model?

and somehow just got a new with tags set of AFX leg guards off ebay for $75........

she likes the Evoshield chest, so I'll pick that up in a few weeks.......will likely clean up the old helmet and see if i can get a few bucks for the old helmet and shins to help fund the chest, unless I find another deal lol

white helmet, gray shins....so she's going gray on the chest, too haha.......good thing she doesn't really care how she looks

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
haha so far I've scored a new with a scuff Jen Schro 'very best' helmet for $80.......it was listed used/as new, but pictures look like it was unworn....maybe a demo from shows or display model?

and somehow just got a new with tags set of AFX leg guards off ebay for $75........

she likes the Evoshield chest, so I'll pick that up in a few weeks.......will likely clean up the old helmet and see if i can get a few bucks for the old helmet and shins to help fund the chest, unless I find another deal lol

white helmet, gray shins....so she's going gray on the chest, too haha.......good thing she doesn't really care how she looks
Tim, the one complaint I have had regarding the chest protector, besides the price, is the bottom retention rod. I have had several that have torn through the material and poked the girl in the stomach. If it's after 30 days, Evoshield won't warranty it since they claim it's from normal wear and tear.

May 20, 2015
Tim, the one complaint I have had regarding the chest protector, besides the price, is the bottom retention rod. I have had several that have torn through the material and poked the girl in the stomach. If it's after 30 days, Evoshield won't warranty it since they claim it's from normal wear and tear.
The price isn't a ton different than the top all star or the force 3......but now I'll do some more digging

I also suggest the latest version of the Force3. My DD started using one after getting a pretty severe concussion from a shot she took wearing an Easton JS one last summer. The quality and padding imo is a step above the Easton for sure. She also hasn’t complained of it being heavier. Though at first she complained of the “size” being bigger. This was due to the springs giving it the appearance of being larger but in reality it wasn’t much larger.

May 20, 2015
The price isn't a ton different than the top all star or the force 3......but now I'll do some more digging

so far found one complaint on the ab bar poking through, and the customer was mad because Evo gave them another chest protector rather than a refund.......after 6 months

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
so far found one complaint on the ab bar poking through, and the customer was mad because Evo gave them another chest protector rather than a refund.......after 6 months
LOL! You can't win with some people. A refund after six months? I just read the review. She seems like a real peach. The ones I had issues with were all much quicker than 6 months, but they were the same issue. For the record, it was only two or three out of probably 75 I sold.

May 20, 2015
at close to $200, I'd expect a replacement at 6 months, but not a refund.......

May 20, 2015
update: she likes the schro helmet......i like the no connections for the cage on the forehead, we'll see how the interior padding holds up.......but it's brand new, someone either bought it and didn't like the fit, or it was a display model.....

ended up buying a force 3 chest protector, 20% off, and got the free pair of shin guards........so as long as she doesn't hate their shins, we'll sell the AFX shins that I got a smoking deal on........if i make a little money at that deal, which could be entirely possible, i'll end up with shins/chest/helmet for right around $200....cannot complain about that, all things considered

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter just got back from the catching clinic she helps run for the younger girls with news that her helmet and chest protector need replacing. Her trainer is an All-Star ambassador, so he gave her the breakdown on how great the PHX gear is for girls. At over four years old, I agree that the helmet needs replacing, but I just replaced the shins last March.

It never ends with these kids.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles