casting hands issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Here's an example - really like how this guy explains the "casting" issue. He recommends keeping the bat on the shoulder which promotes "hips before hands." Any thoughts on this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrSartJ0AsQ

This is what you can get if you follow this advice.

5f0ryb.gif

xejqrb.gif

Not what I'm after.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
My comments had nothing to do with the gifs that were provided. Simply about the topics of casting vs arm bar.

FP26, I 'own' that with posting the gif. I know when I posted that Myers gif I was stregthhhhhing the arm bar/bar arming. Just looking for a close example.
Simply about the topics of casting vs arm bar.
And, I thank You for playing along even though the poster probably could care less at this point.
Added:And you know what my opinion of what has become of this site....
throwing-money.gif

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
FP26, I 'own' that with posting the gif. I know when I posted that Myers gif I was stregthhhhhing the arm bar/bar arming. Just looking for a close example.

And, I thank You for playing along even though the poster probably could care less at this point.
Added:And you know what my opinion of what has become of this site....
throwing-money.gif

My own fault rd.... I usually spend more time reviewing before hitting "post". I should know better.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
If the issue truly is a casting issue (which I am not convinced that it is), then I've found that promoting a good healthy starting sequence goes a long ways towards addressing that.

Jul 26, 2016
Tewks had a post maybe a year ago or so where he stated to Keep the swing on the right side of the Body, i.e the Hands not moving Forward away from the chest but the lead arm to Keep hugging the chest. If the lead arm is hugging the chest and Hands stay on the right side of the Body ("back") the swing arc won't get Long even with an Extended lead arm because you can basically subtract the shoulder width from the lead arm length.

Hands can come Forward later if you Need to but not before the chest faces the pitcher.

If lead arm Comes off the chest before the Body turns the arc gets Long.