Buying used composite?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2021
What length is she swinging? How big is she? And How old?
Thanks all, great discussion and I'm learning a lot.

She's almost 10, about 4'5", a little over 70lbs probably. Currently swinging a rawlings 27/15.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
I wouldn’t jump more than an ounce or inch at a time. That said the earlier you can get her to a drop 10 the better off you will be in terms of durability from what I have seen. I think most kids should be at a drop 10 by second year 12u at the latest.

Feb 25, 2020
Thanks all, great discussion and I'm learning a lot.

She's almost 10, about 4'5", a little over 70lbs probably. Currently swinging a rawlings 27/15.

Niceee she has a good birthday for travel it sounds like haha!(unless you mean "soon" as in before the weekend)

Maybe think about trying to find an older lxt/cf/xeno/similar bat in 29 drop 11(or even 10). I think you could find one for about 80$ on ebay(or locally from older/bigger kids' parents). If it's too big put it in the closet til it isnt. And let her use a cheap aluminum in the mean time.

27/15 is really pretty small.

Dec 1, 2021
Niceee she has a good birthday for travel it sounds like haha!(unless you mean "soon" as in before the weekend)

Maybe think about trying to find an older lxt/cf/xeno/similar bat in 29 drop 11(or even 10). I think you could find one for about 80$ on ebay(or locally from older/bigger kids' parents). If it's too big put it in the closet til it isnt. And let her use a cheap aluminum in the mean time.

27/15 is really pretty small.
Yup it is small. She hits it well but I need to get her in a longer bat. Thanks for the tips.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid