But honey dont be mad.When the dirt gets here it will look better! lol!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Ha! 'tis the season!

re-configured DD's practice "mound" and home plate yesterday. She's playing 14U for the first time this upcoming season, so saying goodbye to 40'...

Pitcher's plate is about 4" higher than HP, but reasonably level enough.

Some may question this orientation (pitching towards the house) but shes only broken one window in 4yrs...

Hopefully the catcher gets up to speed quickly when the riseball is introduced

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Ha! 'tis the season!

re-configured DD's practice "mound" and home plate yesterday. She's playing 14U for the first time this upcoming season, so saying goodbye to 40'...

Some may question this orientation (pitching towards the house) but shes only broken one window in 4yrs...

Looks like you could string some netting between the 2 trees and never have to worry about it.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Corlay- DD used to pitch in the driveway with me and the cars have a few dents and I've replaced a few taillights. even though I'm the one who has to fix everything, she decided a while ago that she does NOT want to pitch in the driveway anymore. we still have a '99 Honda CRV that has dents that bring back warm memories of our journey... (last weekend without any tournaments going on I fixed the last broken window in the garage that happened last year, but I don't remember how - it wasn't near where we would pitch.
Good thing is I have taught her how to replace a window, what Glaziers points are and how to apply glazing compound. All skills she will neither need nor remember...but I will.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2009
Ha! 'tis the season!

Does your wife approve of your backstop? (sorry, I see someone already "raised" this point lol)

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Looks just like my backyard...and no, my wife doesn't approve either. Our home plate sits about 15 feet from the neighbor's fence, which has multiple broken slats and chipped paint these days. Luckily it's behind their shed, so they haven't noticed yet.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
Getting plans together on what wife knows as a garage/workshop but what me and my dd's know to bee out indoor hitting facility. Took some convincing and giving up the idea of buying our softball rv but so far plans look pretty cool. Gonna be modular inside so when kids go cage goes hopefully boat comes!!! Ha right. The way I'm going I will be living there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi