Bustos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
The two that post the most negative tlings about her, never met her, never talked with her, and have no idea what she is explaining in the video...
But make it clear to always use the hanson principle.

His demo:
This is the the guy they learn from. (Turn it..Right Now)

Turn the barrel (right now)? These swings look like a push to me?

Hanson these movements

To each his own. I'll stick with the 3 time gold medalist's hitting coach, (Howard)...

Straightleg[/QUOTE

Applying the Hanson principle to their leader might cause problems with membership.

SL

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
IMO, this thread is a prime example of how anyone can look like an idiot when video, or images of drills are presented out of context.

This single drill/clip has caused DD and I so many problems, however, it is not the instructors fault. It is my fault for not understanding the intent behind the drill. The drill is fine if you're working with a player trying to get them to feel a particular movement.

Teachermanandsomepoorlittlekid_zps2d86a13c.gif

I can also see when this clip, taken out of context, and in the hands of an un-knowledgeable (well-intentioned) parent could do more harm than good.

sndu35.gif

If you're going to instruct a drill, you better own it, you better know the purpose, and you need to understand the context. Just my .02

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
SL, here on page 8 of this thread you say that you will stick Howard's instruction. On pages 1-7 many have asked and you have givin no input onto what any of this instruction is and how it applies to Bustos. Forgive me for being a sceptic, but all I have seen is a few clips of her instruction that do not look like her swing, supporters (that claim to know) of her that won't answer anyone's questions, and the facts that she was already an olympian and attributed her swing to her uncle's instruction when she met Howard. Again, I might be completely off with my thoughts, but no one that is in the know will say otherwise.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Does this argument ever getting boring? I guess it doesn't since it pops up so regularly :)

And yet you are posting 8 pages into the thread :).

Help put the topic to bed.

Explain how what Mann posted is a good example of the swing ...

sndu35.gif

Is hitting really analogous to an overhand throw .... or is it more analogous to a sidearm throw?

Is the elbow in the overhand throw truly analogous to the elbow in hitting?

Do you have video confirmation that good hitters swing this way in games?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Mann, you open yourself up to insults when you make such a comment.

I'll refrain from that .... and I'll slow it down for you to the point of a still photo.

2dguao2.jpg

I do not see a stack, which is why I prefer to teach get to lag on every pitch , not the RVP stack.

Miggy_highside-14rvp.jpg

let me slow me down.

outsidetocontactslo-Mgif-29picrvp.jpg

I guess I do not get it. but I will keep trying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55