Big 10 over the south again

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
Another good close game. Two previously unbeaten pitchers have lost in this series. I hope tomorrow's rubber match is as good as the first 2 games - 1pm EDT (10am PDT) on the Big Ten Network.

Mar 26, 2013
First game: Minnesota 1, Michigan absolutely nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. We kicked their maize and blue butts!! :)
Hmm, 29dad hasn't posted since his Gophers lost the last 2 games against Mich - absolutely nothing, nada, zip, zero.... Should we be worried?

Sep 18, 2011
Hmm, 29dad hasn't posted since his Gophers lost the last 2 games against Mich - absolutely nothing, nada, zip, zero.... Should we be worried?

That 29dad guy is an idiot. Michigan's number three pitcher made Minnesota look silly. I suspect we won't hear about his Gophers again unless they happen to win the Big 10 tournament. If that happens, and trust me on this, he will become even more insufferable than ever.

Okay, okay. We lost. I believe it's important to lose with grace and class and to always show good sportsmanship. But did you see the call at home plate in game two?? Our girl was safe!! Dammit she was safe!!! We were robbed!! We were cheated!!! Michigan homer umps ripped victory from us and gave it to the Wolverines. I suspect that the Michigan athletic department paid them off. It was a conspiracy!! I want an investigation!!!!!!! I DEMAND an investigation!!!!!!! It was the worst call in the history of organized sports. But no excuses. :)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Central Iowa
That 29dad guy is an idiot. Michigan's number three pitcher made Minnesota look silly. I suspect we won't hear about his Gophers again unless they happen to win the Big 10 tournament. If that happens, and trust me on this, he will become even more insufferable than ever.

Okay, okay. We lost. I believe it's important to lose with grace and class and to always show good sportsmanship. But did you see the call at home plate in game two?? Our girl was safe!! Dammit she was safe!!! We were robbed!! We were cheated!!! Michigan homer umps ripped victory from us and gave it to the Wolverines. I suspect that the Michigan athletic department paid them off. It was a conspiracy!! I want an investigation!!!!!!! I DEMAND an investigation!!!!!!! It was the worst call in the history of organized sports. But no excuses. :)

Congrats to your Gophers! Moving on to the Super with a big win against Auburn. They also got a verbal commit this week from last year's Iowa 5A Player of the Year; a 2016 with a very big bat. Future looks good for Minn- good luck with Oregon:)

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
What an ending to the u of M vs ASU game. Michigan hits 2 hr in top of the 7th to take the lead then in the bottom of the inning the center fielder catches what looks like the walk off winner

Michigan advances

Mar 26, 2013
Congrats to the Corona Angels of Nebraska and the Michigan Wolverines for beating the odds and advancing to Super Regionals. Congrats also to the Minnie-sota Gophers for not choking.

A couple of 'gutsy' performances by Michigan's Sappingfield and Romero to play through their illness today.

I'm overjoyed for Haylie Wagner with her performance today. She's a local girl that started in our rec league. Despite playing for a rival HS in our league, everyone likes and respects her.

Good luck to all at Super Regionals. It will be interesting to see what Michigan does against Waldrop after facing Escobedo 3 times this weekend.

Sep 18, 2011
Congrats to the Corona Angels of Nebraska and the Michigan Wolverines for beating the odds and advancing to Super Regionals. Congrats also to the Minnie-sota Gophers for not choking.

Conclusive proof that the Big 10 was royally screwed by the seeding committee. Even a flu ravaged Michigan squad was good enough to take out ASU. Imagine if Michigan was healthy and if those games were in Ann Arbor (as they should have been). Just imagine it!! And congrats to those two non-californian Michigan players who hit back to back jacks in the 7th. I did feel badly for Dallas, though. Heckuva career.

Favorite moment of the weekend for me was watching DD's assistant coach pitch the Gophers out of trouble. The two Saras were spent so Nikki came in and pitched 3 2/3 shutout innings to get the win.

Overall though I was very disappointed in the Big 10. Minnesota, Nebraska, and Michigan had no business losing any games. Northwestern did okay considering they were without their top pitcher, but Wisconsin losing twice to Oregon borders on the inconceivable.

Mar 26, 2013
Conclusive proof that the Big 10 was royally screwed by the seeding committee.
Hardly. Favorites don't win every time - that's why they play the games. They did Michigan a big favor by putting them where they don't have to go through a top-5 team to get to OKC.

Even a flu ravaged Michigan squad was good enough to take out ASU. Imagine if Michigan was healthy
Flu? I really expected you to accuse ASU of intentional food poisoning.

And congrats to those two non-californian Michigan players who hit back to back jacks in the 7th.
Yes, it was the 2nd one in the game for the southern gal, Lawrence, and Hasselbach followed her lead.

Overall though I was very disappointed in the Big 10. Minnesota, Nebraska, and Michigan had no business losing any games.
The only loss that was inexcusable was Nebraska's loss to Kansas.

Northwestern did okay considering they were without their top pitcher,
They definitely missed their ace from SoCal. Bast is from our HS and has been a great influence on our HS girls as she spends time with them at camps and alumni games.

but Wisconsin losing twice to Oregon borders on the inconceivable.
You obviously spent too much time outdoors in the winter without protecting your head. Same thing is going to happen to Mini-sota.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan