Big 10 over the south again

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Good point! And why the University of Southern California (USC) doesn't have an official softball team is beyond my comprehension!

I've always wondered that myself. Might have to do with USC being a private school (they are, aren't they?) and being in the shadow of UCLA. Don't know the extent of those factors in the absence of a USC softball program though.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
I think my Gators beat mn,um,wis, in and osu this season.

Yeah, and my Arizona Wildcats lost to Missouri, Michigan, and Wisconsin in pre-conference play. The latter 2 outcomes didn't surprise me. I had a feeling Wisconsin would play tough. Then last weekend UCLA swept the series in LA. A couple of close games there, but UCLA seemed dominant. THEN, the Cats just eeked out two wins in a DH vs. UNLV in Vegas. In a couple days, they play a series in Tucson vs. Oregon State. The Beavers took 2 of 3 vs. ASU in Phoenix. I'm concerned....

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
It's pretty obvious the Big Ten is a distant 3rd behind the Pac-10 and SEC this season. We'll see who steps up in the regionals, super-regionals, and WCWS.

I see I am going to have to keep an eye on you RT.

I love me some regional smack talk....glad you started this 29dad. Enjoy that BIG-10 conference play while it lasts, because that entire conference is going to get owned by the PAC-10 come WCWS time even with all the girls from California on your rosters.

Mar 26, 2013
I'm just happy that the Big 10 conference season is about to begin so that these teams can finally start playing against some real competition. :)
Michigan has encountered very little competition in the B1G so far. They should finally get some in this weekend's series with Minn.

Sep 18, 2011
Michigan has encountered very little competition in the B1G so far. They should finally get some in this weekend's series with Minn.

First game: Minnesota 1, Michigan absolutely nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. We kicked their maize and blue butts!! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma