Best announcer lines from CWS, 2017 edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Forget the inning or situation, but after Lowary had come back in. Florida batter had either bunted or slapped down 1B line. Lowary going full speed at ball as runner blazes past and she trys to glove flip, doesn't get it clean and runner safe. Either Smith or Mowins says "that's why you have to use two hands to field a ball".

edited to add: agree Scarborough is good, but ESPN needs to get the woman who does the local broadcasts for LSU during the season. She is hilarious and seems to really know her stuff.

Yeah I liked that one too. She even repeated it on the slow mo replay...."see how her other hand is up in the air and not down with the glove?"

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes. The miss by the pitcher, is what I meant when I said that her legs were gone. They had to be like jelly. I would have kept bunting against her.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
To be fair, one of the announcers later noted that if the outfielders had been playing at normal depth instead of at the edge of the warning track, they would have had a much better change of catching the blooper.

I missed that comment, and while true, it's both understandable why they were deep and almost certainly not their doing. Just seemed strange to beat up on the players in that situation.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Smirked at the advice to be up in the box against the riseball.

Then on a homerun they commented how smart it was to be up in the box.

That alone will set some viewers backwards.

Mar 28, 2013
Well I'm hoping this thread meant the whole series, a great saying that I will definitely use, not sure who said it.
"Home runs are like boyfriends, as soon as you stop chasing them they start coming around"

Jun 9, 2009
After the clothesline play at first, and with the benefit of super slo-mo, Smith said it was the right call. That may be the dumbest thing every said anywhere. I believe Mowins did call her out on that one though.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
If Vegas sets anything less than 50 as the over/under for how many times the announcers say 'hop' or 'hopping', I'm taking the over!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Michele just commented on the "hoppy rise".

Michelle_Smith.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi