Being lucky

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2013
Line drive, hard hit gb, bb, 8 pitch ab, sac bunt, sac fly are some examples. There are a few different schools of thought. Google Steve Springer. Texas Rangers also used this approach. The game changer app also has a version of this. Hope that helps!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
QAB: Quality at bats (any one of):

3 pitches after 2 strikes,
6+ pitch ABs,
XBH,
HHB,
BB,
SAC Bunt,
SAC Fly.

Not that I don't agree with what is posted above but, if the HC/coaches don't agree nor use these stats they are meaningless. They do mean some thing to me and gauging DD progress. Some coaches only see base hits & RBI's and winning.

Oct 10, 2011
Not that I don't agree with what is posted above but, if the HC/coaches don't agree nor use these stats they are meaningless. They do mean some thing to me and gauging DD progress. Some coaches only see base hits & RBI's and winning.
Rd...your box is full.
I couldn't get that page opened.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
QAB is still very subjective. IMO it generally translates to hard-hit balls. Which begs the question, what is hard? Ultimately, the stats be damned bottom line is that we all know the hitters that we prefer to be at the plate when there is an important run on base.

May 18, 2009
My DD had an off weekend last week. Still had a decent OB percentage but just not as many hard hit balls as I like. Her best AB started off 0-2. 8 pitches later she was on base with the walk. She had 3 triples in six games but that walk was her best at bat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi