Bedingers bullpen-Joliet il

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
Took my daughter for a lesson tonite at bedingers. Mary was very personable and I think she found something. My daughter has started to twist her foot on the mound in anticipation of opening her hips, which is opening everything to soon! Thus losing power.... She throws mid to high forties. She had her do a walk thru hit 51 on the jugs! Looks like we correct the foot problem were set. She said her mechanics looked good. She video taped her and once she pointed it out it was easy to see how damaging it is to open that early. Her prices are pretty steep, but it was worth it! Should I ask for a refund from her last coach that never spotted it and told me how much she was improving?? Lol I think we're going back if we can work a deal!!

Jul 26, 2010
I'm just joking. It's actually a good thing that this PC started from what happens first in the chain. Too many people will try to correct something like her arm circle, flying glove, or follow through which is pointless if they start off bad.

-W

She video taped her and once she pointed it out it was easy to see how damaging it is to open that early. Her prices are pretty steep, but it was worth it! Should I ask for a refund from her last coach that never spotted it and told me how much she was improving?? Lol I think we're going back if we can work a deal!!

On my high horse...Why weren't you recording your dd's pitching? I not only record my dd but the other pitchers on my team. It allows me to break down their mechanics, show the recordings to the parents (who can show it to their PC's). As far as asking for money back? Asking for money back is like quibbling over how much you have to pay for results.

ps. Don't offend the new PC by asking for a "deal". Just went on the bedinger site...found a coupon for 10% off. $45 for 30 minutes seems to be the going rate for a quality PC in your (my) area.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2012
A, A
Well I do and have video taped her, in fact bought a camera with a slo-mo ability to it just for that purpose. I have taped a lot of pitchers and share it with my friends. Now that "coaches eye" app is available for the I phone you don't need it. But to be honest I just flat out missed it!! Learned a lesson, lack of velocity first make sure "everything is going straight". Then start looking elsewhere, I was never intending to insult bedingers, I just wanted to get it down to the 40.00 lesson fee! Still the highest rate I ever paid! But they are passionately, fanatical about pitching and use video which doesn't lie!! So I'm going to put my daughters start of her high school career in her hands! I love you getting on a "high horse", means you are passionate about this great game!