Rita Lynn gilman

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
I purchased the Rita Lynn gilman pitching dvd's and found them interesting and informative. She talks about reverse posture, never heard anyone talk about it. I think her drills are good and am looking for more speed out of my daughter. She is a freshmen and can only throw mid to high 40's. I believe she's got to be high 40's to low 50's to continue pitching. She is now pitching for a 16u "b" team, I'm worried she's going to her confidence shook with her lack of velocity. Also got a appointment with a lady from Joliet, il. Mary jaszczak as a pitching coach! Anyone heard of her? Her bio looks good.

Jan 27, 2010
In prior posts, I've mentioned I have seen quite a few of RLG's student pitchers in showcase tournaments I attended over the years. Frankly, I have been impressed with their mechanics and performances in the games. The term she uses "reverse posture" is a slight 'lean back" as you probably already know. There is an old saying that "there is more than one way to skin a cat" and I feel many think one size fits all and everyone should pitch exactly alike. I think a knowledgeable PC is able to adapt to the pitcher's strong suits, natural tendencies and develop them with the mechanics that will maximize their talents.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2012
A, A
Ty Tojo, her fundamentals made sense. Never heard of the reverse posture thing. She does push a lot of training aides, but i do think some are very good ideas. Unfortunately I think a PC has to see someone pitch to analyze what's going on . That's where we're going Monday. This PC is going to look at her with the " coaches eye software" and tell me what she thinks. She has a good push, I suspect locked out arm and slow arm circle. Nice to know RLG has students that are excellent. Haven't ruled out a vacation to viriginia yet!! :)

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
I am familiar with her. A few years back she got one of my books. Shortly after she came out with a video on youtube. She showed how to throw one of my delayed rotation pitches. She had it wrong, backwards and it was the most idiotic thing I ever watched. I laughed til my gut ached.

If you want to take her serious, be my guest. I never will

Jan 25, 2011
She does teach hello elbow.Go buy Bill Hillhouse's new video, it is on his web site House of pitching, google it. Also go to you tube and watch what he has on there, he will explain why you want to throw across your body. Not like the girl in the above video.

Jan 27, 2010
I don't know what or how she teachs. My comments were about the girls I have seen at tournaments pitching that took lessons from her. The video FFS posted is a little out there with helmet thing and the hello elbow follow through is not what the pitchers I saw were doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24