Beast mode -Friday Check in 2/26/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Ok whats going on this weekend?? Whos doing what?? We got some practices our selves. Going to the Mary Nutter Softball on Saturday. Getting my Fishfinder installed on my kayak!! Whoo hooo!!

Then BBQ and maybe some cervezas on Sunday afternoon??

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
This weekend is the calm before the HS storm. DD is helping with a clinic for the TB org. young-ins Sat am. It's amazing what teaching her craft has done for her performance. Then going to try to get some pre-tryouts hitting in. I'm planning to watch some college ball on the tube.

Jun 12, 2015
We have a tournament tomorrow. It's going to be COLD. But our first game is at 11:20 so I'm pretty happy about that. We are drifters currently so she's picking up with her best friend's team. AC is her ex-HC. She's pretty excited about getting to play with her friend again and also that she'll be pitching a bunch and playing SS. I'm very excited! Ready for some ball :)

Jan 22, 2011
Two basketball games Saturday. DD is going to miss softball practice for the first basketball game, while I miss her first basketball game running the practice. Friend of my DD moved two towns over and they have their opening day Saturday. Going to try to catch her game inbetween my practice and my DD's 2nd game. Infield clinic Sunday afternoon. Got asked last night if I want to be an AC on her Middle School team next fall.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
DD#1 has a JV tourney tonight and tomorrow. We will miss her first game in the morning because we are getting to start over. DD#2 has evaluations for her first year of rec softball. She has been asking constantly about starting and tomorrow it will finally be here.

I will hate having to miss one or the others games at times but I am blessed to be able to go back to the beginning and enjoy watching another little girl fall in love with this game.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3 just got her first contacts. She never wore glasses or contacts before. She had practice right after. She thinks it improved her hitting and pitching. Let's see if it did. I remember DD 1's hitting improved just going from glasses to contacts.

Other kids: DD 1 and 2 not doing any sports now. DD 2 tried track last spring, injured herself, and doesn't want to go back. DD 1 works some evenings.

DS is happy as a clam. He just finished the Winter Quarter at the Milwaukee School of Engineering. Looks like his grades are up. He had a rowing practice this morning, and they timed themselves. He not only had a Personal Record, but he met his goals for the end of March.

Today his team takes a bus to Waco, TX. They spend a week on the water, race against the Baylor Bears, then head back to Milwaukee and wait for the river to melt. Next race will be a month later, against Marquette, using the boathouse the teams share.

Nov 2, 2015
Tomorrow morning at 8:30 am, my daughter, 9 of her friends, and their coach (myself) begin their softball career! Yep, you heard that right! 10 girls aged 6-8, who have never played before + me! Can't wait (actually, I can't. I'm super pumped)!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish