Join the Friday check in Club! 5/20/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Headed to Myrtle Beach, SC for our first PGF qualifier this weekend. Just hope the weather cooperates and #10's Dad team takes it easy on us! Have never been there, but I heard the facilities are really nice. The Tyger River facility in Spartanburg, SC is top notch.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Last weekend DD had possibly her worst game ever and her team got eliminated in the first game on Sunday morning after earning the #2 seed. But after driving 2hrs home from CT and feeling miserable, she had me take her to the field to take countless buckets of ground balls so she could work through it. We've been to the field everyday this week except one when she was umping a rec game.

I also couldn't be prouder of her teammates who were all obviously disappointed in their showing last weekend, but rallied around DD and picked her up when she felt awful. It wasn't all her fault, but she didn't help the cause either, and they've all had those games. It was just DD's turn unfortunately.

We're back down in CT again this weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing how the weekend pans out for her and the team.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Since our season is over, my plans for the weekend is that we have a school dance tonight that I'm going to with some friends. Saturday, I'm hanging out with the same group of friends and were going to the mall to do some shopping and maybe catch a movie. Sunday, is up in the air right now.

Jun 12, 2015
I really hope it doesn't rain! We're playing Saturday only in a small ASA tournament, our last chance to play in 2 so we can play in ASA State in June. There are only 5 10U teams total. We've got a decent shot in this one; so far we've never placed or really gotten close to it. It'd be nice for the girls to get a win. We'll see. A couple of the teams are pretty good. One is an 05 team that's beaten us several times but we beat them last time we played. One is our ex-team from the fall. They're very good and if I'm being realistic, probably the ones who will take 1st place. But I'm going to be optimistic and hope it doesn't go that way :D Last weekend our girls played very well, and DH said they looked awesome at practice last night. We also have a new player who's a great addition (good player, flexible parents, great attitude, very coachable). This will be our first tournament with her playing.

Apr 26, 2015
DD has her hitting lesson tonight and a soccer game tomorrow. No softball this weekend. It is a little disappointing because we've had so many tourneys cancelled because of rain, but HC had let everyone know early on that this was his weekend to support his son at his baseball tournament and I have to respect that. Once we get back at it next weekend (in KC) we will be playing every weekend until mid July. So I guess having this weekend off is ok...gotta take care of those home projects sometime...ha!

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
Well, not optimistic we will play Saturday - if the meteorologists are right, there will be too much rain today, making the fields unplayable tomorrow. DD2 has a theater banquet - so even if we play, I have to leave early.

Hoping to go up to Athens on Sunday to see the regional.

Sep 29, 2014
Second to last JV game Saturday and the season and (according to my DD right now her last softball game ever) will be Monday.:(

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
The girls are headed to Concord this weekend to play, 1st time playing there as a team. I gotta work, so they'll be a Lotta texting between the wife and I during games. Hopefully it's not canceled due to rain.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Well, HS team lost 2-1 in the regional semifinals to the team that won region. Started TB practice this week and our 14U will scrimmage our 16U tomorrow. Look forward to seeing everyone. First showcase next weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd