Batting machine bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

left turn

It's fun being a dad!
Sep 20, 2011
NJ
My DD has a Demarini CF5 33/23. We use the batting machine to help improve the ability to hit fast pitching. I know batting machine balls will damage the Demarini. I checked wood bats but they are a drop 2 or 3 and the weight distribution is different.

What bat should my DD use in the cage?
- Use wood and just deal with the difference in weight and distribution?
- Buy a cheap 33/23 just for the cages?

How are you folks solving this problem?

Mar 1, 2012
Yes - Ebay is the way to go. Last year I found my daughter a brand new Combat Virus Morphed composite that had a couple of chips in the paint - $25 by it now - jumped all over it! I still can't believe it. If it broke who cares. Now it collects dust as she moved into a larger bat.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD’s XENO seems heaver then a normal aluminum bat so she has a little bit larger aluminum bat to use in the cages. She can not hit anyways so what do I know.

May 17, 2012
Only hit softballs with your $200 composite bat. Your wallet will thank you.

It's not the batting machine per say but the balls they shoot out.

Jul 12, 2012
Still confused as to why a rubber ball will affect them? Just curious? Since the break in period is around 500 balls i would have thought using it more means better results?

Oct 25, 2009
IMO, the only bats that would be harmed in a batting cage would be the jointed bats. Even then it would just speed up the wear on the joint.

That's assuming that the cage balls are decent. No gritty balls or excessively hard balls.

Anyone ever notice what a beating the bats take between bats—and batters. Many girls have the very bad habit of hitting their metal cleats with the bat while they're in the on-deck circle. Not to mention how the bat is thrown back to the dugout.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole